Reader reviews and comments on Tuesdays With Morrie, plus links to write your own review.

Tuesdays With Morrie

Oct 2002, 208 pages

There are currently 146 reader reviews for Tuesdays With Morrie

Johnn Bondson (09/08/08)

This book made me vomit
Tuesdays with Morrie was just another one of those "feel good" novels written to inspire. It did everything but inspire me. I didn't get anything out of this book at all. There was no basis for Morrie's little lesson... they were all mere opinion.

Anyways, poorly written book. Read if you want a laugh.
Z (06/24/08)

Overly Ambitious
Because of all the hype surrounding this book, I decided to give it a shot. I was disappointing.

The author attempts to cover a lot of ground in a very short book, rendering the messages ineffective. In less than 200 pages, Albom recounts Morrie's experiences and life lessons on love, marriage, faith, regret, and ambition. I personally view all of these issues to be very complex; I simply do not get much from a one-page discussion on the benefits and difficulties of marriage. To really offer anything worthwhile in any of these areas, I think that the author needs to explore them much further.

Moreover, I found the author's exploration of Morrie to be lacking. The adjectives used to describe the man were extremely broad: kind, wise. Such broad descriptions failed to show Morrie as a truly complex individual. I would have liked to see his character and mannerisms developed more.

I think that the book had a lot of potential. The lessons provided were worth relaying, and I believe that Morrie was a unique and intelligent individual. However, I don't think that enough credit was given to either of these aspects.
Michelle K (05/27/08)

A Touching Story
I thought that the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" was definitely one of the best books I have ever read. Mitch Albom, as a writer, would probably be one of my favorites. The best part would be his attitude when it comes to his style of writing, how he adds a gentle touch of humor to even the bleakest of situations, and how he can take a true story with as much meaning as this one and transform it into an absolutely beautiful work of literature that makes you never want to put the book down until you're done-- and then read it again.

To lay it out for everyone who hasn't already read it, "Tuesdays with Morrie" is all about Mitch Albom and his old college professor and the stories and discussions that they shared together. It's a true story. After he says he'd stay in touch with his college professor, years later he sees his old, crippled professor, Morrie Schwartz, on the television while he is dying of ALS.

So what does Mitch do? He travels to the opposite side of the country-- not just once, but every single Tuesday for months-- and spends one day of his week with his friend, Morrie. They discuss everything from Family, Love, Death, to the Meaning of Life until Morrie's very last days here on Earth.

The book tells of the many touching stories, how Mitch's wife goes to meet Morrie, how Morrie eventually dies and keeps his spirit up all the way until the end, and how he embraces death in such an open and unconditional way that not even Mitch can understand.

As you can see, "Tuesdays with Morrie" is an extremely touching story, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a good book, and a lifelong lesson. In fact, I already have.
Leiloma (05/20/08)

touched!
Cannot believe how much this book touched me, I was in tears at the end. and I recommend to all people wanting a good read, how blessed to have had a person like Morrie in your life!
Sarah Scrivner (03/02/08)

GREAT
This was a very good book, it really makes you think about what's important. I wish I could have the honor of knowing someone as wise and great as Morrie.
Pravin On Mitch Albom (02/28/08)

Lesson for living life
I liked the way Mitch tell us we all already knew yet have ignored for all of our lives.
Keenan (10/30/07)

Tuesdays with Morrie
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom is a very simple book, but it's message is one of the best out there. It shows that in the end, your body is going to die, but if you truly love, your soul will live on in the memories of those whom you have touched. Do not overlook this book as so many people have done, but read it. Don't throw it away but rather pass it on to someone you know.
"love. Love always wins." -Morrie Schwartz
-RaViN- (06/22/07)

awesome
I don't like reading books but when I read this I learned so many things that we can apply in our lives.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: