MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser

May 2002, 224 pages
    Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 102 reader reviews for Loser

crane_the_bird (02/11/16)

The novel Lozer
In my book there is a boy named Donald Zinkoff that is in school and he is different compared to other students Zinkoff is not like the other kids raising his hand with all the wrong answers, tripping over his own feet, falling down with laughter over a word like "Jabip." The kids have their own word to describe him, but Zinkoff is too busy to hear it.. He does not do the same things as the other kids. He does not as much fears as they do and his feelings do not get hurt by other people. In school he is a brat he yells out a lot and he laughs easy so he gets in trouble. The other student would make him laugh on purpose to get him in trouble. Donald has many problems in his life and this book will tell you all about them and how he finds them and tries or does fix them.
Kylie McCarthy (01/25/16)

Kylie's Review
Jerry Spinelli's books are so good I have read many of them. This is my favorite book, because there is a lot of feeling in it, and I love when books have feeling in them.
apollo (12/14/15)

luiose
I like it.
Chasidy (10/28/15)

loser
This book is amazing! I wish everyone can read this book. It is a must read.
Talliya (10/25/15)

good
i liked it.
Lauren (03/14/14)

Loser
Loser is by far the best book I've ever read. I would read it again and again; this book never gets old. I would recommend this book to anyone. This book fills your heart with joy.
sarah (03/01/12)

Its a ok book
This book is about a person who has difficulties in learning. Its a book about a person who is always made fun of and laughed at not laugh with. Even though its kind of boring it has a point . : )
jc (09/14/11)

boring
I like most of Spinelli's books, but this one had no plot. It was just telling the tale of some loser kid, and had no beginning or end. Only read it if you are a loser and can relate to this weird guy, which no one can.

• Book Jacket: Redemption Road
    Redemption Road
    by John Hart
    Themes of loyalty, family, honesty and trust play out strongly in Redemption Road, which tells the ...
  • Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun