Reader reviews and comments on The Nanny Diaries, plus links to write your own review.

The Nanny Diaries

by Nicola Kraus, Emma McLaughlin

The Nanny Diaries by Nicola Kraus, Emma McLaughlin

Feb 2002, 352 pages
    Mar 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for The Nanny Diaries

Stefanie (09/16/02)

Best book I have ever read!!! Funny, witty and surely a book I could relate to!
Shirlsy (09/14/02)

Just finished this book after 4 days! Compelling,funny,touching, brilliantly observed and much needed to blow the lid on this industry!
FORMER NANNY (08/25/02)

EMMA AND NICLOA DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB OF PUTTING THESE HOITY-TOITY WOMEN IN THEIR PLACE! I COULDN'T STOP READING THIS BOOK! I COULD REALTE TO THIS BOOK, MY SITUATION WAS VERY MUCH THE SAME! I HOPE ALL OF THESE MRS. XS READ THIS AND TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE WAY THEY TREAT THE PEOPLE WHO TAKE CARE OF THEIR MOST PRICELESS POSESSION! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT -----> READ THIS BOOK!
Jilli (08/06/02)

I read just the first few pages in the bookstore and I was laughing out loud! I'm only on page 35 and I'm tempted to call into work just so I can read my book! A Fabulous Find!
former nanny (08/04/02)

Kudos, Emma and Nicola! Thank you for revealing the truth behind the icy doors of childcare for the ridiculously wealthy. Reading your book was a mirror of my experiences as a nanny for the rich and famous on the "west coast"... I could not put it down. I hope that every Mrs. X reads this book and takes a good LONG look at herself, maybe it will change the way they treat their help, and more importantly their children... our Grovers.
Laura719 (06/26/02)

Bought this book after seeing several people on the LIRR and subway reading it.

Well.... I could NOT put it down. I commute to the Manhattan and finished the book in 3 days.

Found myself laughing out loud on the train, and many times I wanted to rip Mrs. "X"s head off. "Nan" did everything for this woman and the woman just whined, whined, and whined more. Poor kids....spoiled to death but ignored by their own parents.

GREAT book to say the least Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus!!
susanne (06/19/02)

i picked this book up while riding the train everyday to work. by the end of the ride i would always want a few min. more just to see what was going to happen next. i would find myself laughing out loud on the train because everything thing that the book said was what i personally hated about babysitting.
Ladyslott (06/07/02)

At once bitingly funny and heartbreaking, this is a fast paced visit to the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and how they abuse their help. Nanny has taken a job with Mr. and Mrs. X, part time care (or so she thinks)for Grayer Addison, a four year old boy who will aggravate you and annoy you, but ultimately steals your heart, as he does Nanny's. There is no other explanation for why she endures the abuse heaped on her by a father too busy to care about his wife and child, and a mother too busy not working, not cleaning, cooking or doing laundry, to actually raise her child. A scathing indictment of the Ladies who Lunch, and their oh so busy husbands.

Tender

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

A truly good book teaches me better than to read it...

K Your F C