Reader reviews and comments on The Nanny Diaries, plus links to write your own review.

The Nanny Diaries

by Nicola Kraus, Emma McLaughlin

The Nanny Diaries by Nicola Kraus, Emma McLaughlin

Feb 2002, 352 pages
    Mar 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for The Nanny Diaries

Sara (05/26/03)

This book was a good read, but left me depressed and disheartened. I could hardly put it down wishing for a happy ending with every page turn.
4 me 2 know (05/18/03)

Gret book. Icould not put it down. I really relate because i'm a nanny. and it tells tthe truth
KatieQT (05/18/03)

I finished this book in about two days. I've since read it 5 times! I can't remember the last time a book affected me the way this one did. I was never a nanny and I am not yet a mother, but I felt that I really related to Nanny. Living in a wealthy suburb of NYC, I've also run into my fair share of Mrs Xs. I can not fathom what makes these women think that they deserve to act the way that they do. And I certainly can not fathom what makes them think that their children are just more accessories, used when its convenient and ignored at all other times.

I hope that the authors write some kind of sequel to The Nanny Diaries, I would love to see what happend between Nanny and HH or to see what happens to the Xs.
Jodie (03/12/03)

Great read!
Gen (01/14/03)

THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! it has everything you would look for in a book... sense of humor, emotions, relationships and most importantly... REALITY!
Willa, Madison WI (12/26/02)

Absolutely wonderful! The heroine (and she IS definitely heroic) is ferociously witty, but her humanity shines through in her attachment to her four-year-old charge who is so painfully neglected by his self-centered parents. A hilarious, nail-on-the-head hitting swipe at the empty lives and minds of the overly rich...
Jenna VanDyk (12/18/02)

This was a really funny, bright, relatable book! i loved it, couldn't put it down!
current nanny (12/06/02)

This book makes my Thank GOD for the wonder job I have....yes, as a nanny. I adore and love my Mr and Mrs X even more now that I have ready THE NANNY DIARIES. How did I get so lucky? I have never once been told to do something different, I have never once been told to work overtime, I have never once been made to feel "below" anyone in the family...if anything, I'm held in very high esteem. Anyone who stays in that type of horrible experience is just plain crazy!

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

O My D B