- Original, in-depth reviews of the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction.
- "Beyond the Book" articles that explore historical, cultural and contextual aspects of each featured book. These are particularly valued by book clubs and those who read to learn new things.
- Read-alikes - created by hand, not computer algorithm - for thousands of authors and books based on the book's story, character, setting and language. Linked book to book and author to author.
- The ability to search and cross reference by multiple categories such as genre, time period, geographical setting and a wide range of themes, e.g. setting + time period + theme.
- Previews of the top 80+ books publishing each month, including reviews from numerous pre-pub sources - all in one spot. Each review is abbreviated to the reviewer's salient opinion thus avoiding plot spoilers and repetition.
- The BookBrowse Review: BookBrowse's online magazine highlighting all the latest content (with opt-in email notifications). Publishes twice monthly.
- Substantial excerpts of each featured book so that patrons can browse for themselves and decide which are right for them.
- Extensive book club resources including featured recommendations (searchable by genre, time period, setting and theme), reading guides, interviews with a wide variety of book clubs and advice on starting and running a book club.
- Interactive features such as online book discussions open to patrons, literary quizzes and games.
- Author interviews, biographies and a pronunciation guide for difficult author names.
Library Subscriptions Also Include:
- On-site and remote access.
- Branding and customization for your library, including one-click links from each book to your library's OPAC. Search is by title and author so displays all available formats.
- An early-preview edition for librarians of all books that BookBrowse will cover in the following month - available online or as a downloadable spreadsheet including pub date, genre, ISBN, publisher and page count, with a link to the full data on BookBrowse. Useful for collection development and for librarians wanting an "at a glance" guide to notable books publishing soon.
- A range of static and rotating graphics with suggested text for use on your website.
- Free posters, bookmarks and tentcards.
- An easy to remember redirect link to your library's login page (e.g. bookbrowse.com/abc).
- Usage stats.
- Free support for both librarians and patrons.
See page 2 of this datasheet for a comparison of free versus subscription features
(opens in a new page).