Reader reviews and comments on 1st To Die, plus links to write your own review.

By James Patterson

• Hardcover: Mar 2001,
    Paperback: Feb 2002,

There are currently 29 reader reviews for 1st To Die

Aplastic Anemia Patient (05/07/11)

1st to Die
I have aplastic anemia and may die from it. I have had people tell me they know about it because they read about it in this book. It is not a description of aplastic anemia, although, possibly it may be a description of anemia. I don't know about that. Also, the treatment does not make sense. Three blood transfusions a week would put iron in the organs pretty quickly, and a person needing that many transfusions would not work all day, run down the stairs, and walk fast down the sidewalk. This writer lost credibility with me. Therefore, I was unable to submerge myself into the character and story.
Tim (07/05/10)

1st to Die - Quick review
Pros:

Well written, teriffic sub-plots
Very hard to put down
Ending believable and realistic

Cons:

Very very end (with Nick) was ridiculous and has been done 100 times before, leave that last bit out and it's a 5 out of 5
'net (08/07/07)

1st To Die
Being a first time reader of James Paterson, I was referred by a friend to give him a try. Well, 1st To Die was a book I couldn't put down. The suspense, angles and twists had everything to keep me interested. The only negative I can say is at the end regarding the lead characters love interest. Very disappointed.I wanted to put the book down and say, forget it. But I continued and it turned out OK, but it left me knowing that person wouldn't continue in the series of the Women's Murder Club books. With all that said though, I will by the next in the series, I'm hooked.
jim m. (02/15/07)

confused by the ending, did he or didn't he?
I am not a huge fiction reader, but found this gripping, and then was disappointed and confused by the ending.
emochick (02/13/07)

Best Muder Book
This is the best murder book I have read since Along Came A Spider. This was a thriller I could not put down!
Michelle (05/02/06)

Enjoyed it and love the murder club but not a favorite from James Patterson
I really enjoyed this book very much but was hoping that things turned out different in the end with her love interest! The book I really enjoyed by this author is When The Wind Blows!! I loved the story from beginning to end!! I am just now reading the sequel ( I wasn't aware until a few days ago that a sequel to the story exsisted! ) I am really enjoying it thus far!!! I will let you know what I think when I'm through with it. If you have the same taste in authors as I do, ( since I love alot of James Pattersons work, ) I suggest that you read Odd Thomas, and Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. I also loved some of the books by Michael Connelly in the Harry Bosch Series!! The books called The Poet and The Narrows were great!! Hope I could be of some help to readers looking for a good read!!!
Jessica (01/05/05)

this book was a wonderfully thrilling and exciting piece of work. I definitely hope for a sequael.
Charli (11/14/04)

this was the BEST book I have EVER read and it was my first James Patterson book so now iam looking forward to reading the other books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin
  2.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone

P Your O C