Reader reviews and comments on The Amber Spyglass, plus links to write your own review.

The Amber Spyglass

Oct 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Amber Spyglass

Book Freak

Life and Love goes on
I absolutely adore this book. In fact, I own it! I love this book for its emotional trauma of how life and love move on even after the most terrible blows. I recommend this book to anyone who has a giving heart and is awed by the possibility different worlds around you.
Lindsey

Great Book!
This book was very very good I have read the whole Harry Potter Books and many other fantasy book, he did a great job,my mom read it too .She cried at the end and I almost did, I couldn't put it down! Thumbs up!:-)If you haven't read the book,YOU NEED TO!!:-)
Big Girl0013

The Amber Spyglass
I think that the book "The Amber Spyglass" s a great book because Lyra and Will was at war rages and Dust drains from the sky, the fate of the living and the dead finally comes to depend on two children and the simple truth of one simple story. When I read the book to my brother he said that the book was a great because it was about an amazing book because it was about a different world and about two children.
Katie

GREAT!!!
This was one of the best books I have ever read and I have read A LOT of books! It is also one of the saddest. I wish that there was a forth book!
Nell

Good Read
I loved this book. My favorite is the the The Golden Compass which is the first in the series but this is still very good. It's not your average fantasy book. This is the most complicated book of the three. I was about 12 when I read it and some of scenery and concepts described were hard to understand so I would recomend this to readers 13 or 14 up.
William

One of the best books of all times, truly will open one's mind.
prince

To me.This is an amazing book that takes me into the worlds i can only dream about! It's the conclusion of His Dark Materials Trilogy . I recommend this book to anyone who knows how to read, because without it, you will miss all of the good stuff!. IT's just as good as The Lord Of The Rings series and the Harry Potter series. It really is a great book trust me you got to read this book. And i'm hoping they could turn the whole dark material books into a great film even better than lord of the rings and harry potter series.
Claire

The first two parts of the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy are fabulous, but neither of those compare to the standard set by 'The Amber Spyglass'. It is the best book ever written (which is fact not opinion), and if you haven't read it what have you been playing at? It takes you on such an amazing emotional rollercoaster, and it let me experience emotions that I never thought were possible to feel whil reading books. It is truly heartbreaking and parts of it left me in floods of tears - and I hadn't reached the ending! I still cry myself to sleep after about the fifth time of reading it, and a book that can do that is spectacular. It's so deep and thought-provoking and even people who don't understand all of it will love it! The religious side is no problem to me, it's a good theory and opinion. With Christmas coming up, I strongly urge anyone who has not yet read it to get it. If you don't you really are missing out big time! Your life really won't be complete without this trilogy, it's for anyone who loves reading, and even those who don't.

From Claire aged 14

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C