Rated of 5
Absolulty riviting book! Once I started reading it was non-stop. The sudden twists and turns of the novel leaves u "reading at the edge of your seat"!!!!!
Rated of 5
I am reading Angels and Demons after the Davinci Code....and I found this book even more inaccurate and not well written than the code...
I am Italian, living in London, so I am reading the English version of Angls & Demons....It is my dtrong intention, once finished, to read it again and highlign line by line, sentence by sentece, in a exact way, all the rubbish of the book!
Few points to start and to make you think about, before sayinf that this book is a masterpice!
1) leonardo vetra is italian, he is a priest and he cannot adopt anyone...according to the italian law a singlle person cannot adopt...and according to the Roman Church laws a pries cannot be married and cannot have children...
2) Brown uses many times sentences in italian...95% of the time htey contain grammar ans spelling mistakes, or simpli they do not make sense at all......when Vittoria ask to her dad " Dad! Ask me what s the matter?" and once her dad aske the question, she answers " Atoms, Electrons, etc.!....." Well I assume that they speak to each other in italian,and if you traslate this in italian, it does not make sense! Mr Brown, for your next book could you please employ someone to check the exotic languages you make your characters speaking..... a simply disaster was made also in the Davinci code using the french!
3) Vatica City was born arond 1922 when Mussolini government reached an agreement with the pope! Before 1861 the Pope Kingdom extended for the hole centre italy! It is incredibly wrong when Robert Langdon excludes some of the monuments fro his search because they were outside Vatican City..in the 17th century rome was all under the power of the pope!
4) Where is the italian police! THe swiss guards have not any power at all outside Vatican City...in fact n too much power either inside!...they are pure ornament! In fact the italian police provides for most of the security of the Vatican and the pope! Try to look at some videos from S Peter sq....you can see only italian police! and it s totally unbeliveable that the italian police it s not used in the book! Mr borwn ! you cannot neglet this aspect just to make your story going!
5) as art expert Mt Langdon is very bad! I am not an art expert, but it took to me about 5 seconds to guess the 4 rivers fountain in Pzza Navona! Oh! btw i challange you to go to Pzza Navona at any time and find the square empty! When the 4th cardinal is killed is 11 pm....the square should packed with turists drinking and eating in the restaurant! But Mr Brown , after removing all the police from the plot, decides that even the turists can be an ostacle to his plot!
..Well I have s many other points but no too much time!
Readers! Open your eyes, do a bit of reserch if you want..
As a reader I m deeply annoied! This man is making a fortune writing books without bothering of do hte proper homeworks, his plots just doesnt work but he doesn t seem to care too much! But this is an offense to his public that are makeing him a rich men buying his books!..
If you disagree with me or want to discuss any aspect of the book!
Lucafrasca@hotmail.com is my email!
Rated of 5
by MS 32
This novel is a truly remarkable piece of literature. Mr. Brown simply knows what readers crave. He is a brilliant and inspiring author. I am young (14) yet I still enjoyed this book. Personally, I liked "Angels and Demons" moreso than "Da Vinci". It contains more adventure, less religious debate, and more mystery, in my opinion. I have finished reading three of Brown's four novels, and I am in the middle of the final one. Digital Fortress is equally as phenomenal of a story as "Da Vinci" and "Demons". The final book of Brown's four is "Deception Point" which is also awesome. I began the book last night, and could not put it down. I read approximately 65 pages when I surely should have been studying for my chemistry exam. Dan Brown is a great author. I can't wait for the third Robert Langdon novel to be released. He has dropped hints about the upcoming book. On his publisher's web site there is an amazing "treasure hunt/decoding/cryptology" task which ultimately gives another clue regarding the third Langdon novel. It takes plenty of time but is amazingly fun and grabbing. The internet is a necessity in the activity, to warn you.
Enjoy the site. Feel free to respond to this comment.
Rated of 5
THIS BOOK IS SIMPLY AWESOME....GREAT. YOU JUST CAN'T PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. I READ IT IN ONE DAY AND I AM THINKING OF RE-READING IT!!!
Rated of 5
this book is great even though i find dan brown a anti christ person but he really does jave a good sense of writing....
U.S. ebook sales up in 2012, but rate of growth is slowing(May 16 2013) In 2012, trade book sales (i.e. non academic book sales) rose 6.9%, to $15.049 billion, and e-book sales continued to grow, although the rate of growth...