Reader reviews and comments on Amy Falls Down, plus links to write your own review.

By Jincy Willett

• Hardcover: Jul 2013,
    Paperback: Jul 2014,

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Amy Falls Down

Angela J. (Highlands Ranch, CO) (07/31/13)

Amy Falls Down
Amy Falls Down (or as I call it, Amy Falls Flat). It was slow going at first, but then the story did pick up a little. It was humorous in parts, but I felt the author was trying too hard to entertain the reader. It seemed a little too superficial, without ever getting to know the "real" Amy.
Maggie P. (Mount Airy, MD) (07/29/13)

Amy Falls Down
It all starts with a fall and then maybe a concussion, the problem is, Amy can't remember. As Amy finds new found celebrity, we follow here as she tries to get her writing career back on track. A quick, easy, mindless read.
Sherrill B. (Columbia City, IN) (07/19/13)

amy falls
Now I know what writers go through. They are like the rest of us as far as everyday living, and things that happen accidentally and otherwise. I felt like I was reading someone's diary. There really wasn't any plot, but maybe there wasn't suppose to be. It was funny, and a good book to just sit down and read for fun.
Patricia S. (Yankton, SD) (07/13/13)

Amy Rises Again
I first met Amy Gallup and her creator Jincy Willet a few years ago when I read Winner of the National Book Award. What a delight to encounter her again in Amy Falls Down. And what a delight this book is. It is hard to classify. It is literate, quirky, laugh out loud funny, and at the same time poignant. It is also just the inspiration I needed to get out my notebooks and develop some of my collected ideas in to stories again.
Nancy C. (Overland Park, (07/12/13)

Amy Falls Down written by Juncy Willett
Amy Gallup has spent the last twenty-or-so years remembering her past and its joys and triumphs, teaching online writing classes, and writing in her notebook and her online blog. But things are about to change: she falls in her back yard, hits her head, and comes home from the emergency room thinking that everything is normal, including a huge headache. The next thing she remembers is waving goodbye to a departing reporter. When the interview is published she does not rememeber saying any of the things published in the interview. That is only the beginning of Amy's journey back to interaction with others. Jincy Willett has written a delightful book with insights into not only Amy Gallup but into the psyches of her readers. A book which can be highly recommended.
Beth T. (Savannah, GA) (07/09/13)

I Love Amy!
What a fun, fun book. It's quirky, and difficult to describe in a way that conveys just what a delight it is -- but if you love books, and reading, and writing, and struggling writers, and dogs, and women, and unpredictable changes, and -- oh hell -- just read it! You will be glad you did! Now I can't wait to read the rest of Jincy Willett's collection.
Shirley D. (Amherst, MA) (07/09/13)

AMY FALLS DOWN
I wish Amy lived nearby! and regret she is fictional. We could have great times. I had to keep turning pages as quickly as I could - I really wanted to know what she did next. The writing was exceptional and the humor dry and delightful. A reader would do well to have a real space of time to read before even meeting Amy!
Brenda S. (Apple Valley, MN) (07/08/13)

Lovely Surprise Journey
Getting older has its challenges and unforeseen mishaps can certainly bring unique opportunities to test one's abilities and patience. Thank goodness, Jincy Willett created a wonderful, insightful, humorous, and straightforward description of some of the joys of adding years to our lives and learning that others' opinions are not as important as we once thought. Yes, we do not want to be rude; however, we don't need people steering us in directions we may not want to go.

I thoroughly enjoyed the style of the writing and the rhythm of the story...if not for having a job, I would have read this in one sitting. Great read!

The Search