Reader reviews and comments on Mockingjay, plus links to write your own review.

The final book of The Hunger Games

By Suzanne Collins

• Hardcover: Aug 2010,
    Paperback: Jan 2010,

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Mockingjay

Blake Brinton (12/05/13)

Mockingjay
The book “Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins, is a book that I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a good and easy read. I wanted to read this book because my sisters all said that it was really good and also because I saw the first two movies of the Hunger Games series and I wanted to read the last story. The book was very good and really kept you on your toes the whole time, every time I thought something was going to happen the opposite happened and I loved how it was so suspenseful. If you are not much of a reader I can promise that this one will be a good one to read because it captivates you at the very beginning. It has action, love, suspense, and death. Even though it is a good and easy read I would not suggest that children under the age of 12 read the book just because of the death that happens, it is difficult for children of that age to comprehend things like that. The ending of the book is a little disappointing with all the action that took place in the middle of the book at the end of it you are looking for more, but it doesn’t give more. Overall though a fantastic book, I would highly recommend it if you have read the first two and are wanting to finish the series.
Suzanne G. (09/08/12)

3rd in HG Series
Is it necessary to give more praise than what has been shown for this series? This third book completes the Hunger Games series with a bang. Great ending.
Miss Mindy (07/18/12)

Mockingjay
The trilogy was a great story overall. However, the ending seemed a bit abrupt. I felt as though the writer either rushed to meet a publisher's deadline or just got tired of writing. It was disappointing.
Cloggie Downunder (04/06/12)

thought provoking
Mockingjay is the final exciting instalment of the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. Katniss Everdeen, having survived her first Hunger Games and been plucked out of the Quarter Quell by the rebels living in District t13, is now required to become the symbol of the rebellion, the Mockingjay. But while her mother and her sister Prim were rescued by her best friend, Gale, her own District 12 has been destroyed and Peeta Melark is a captive of the Capitol. It takes a reminder of President Coriolanus Snow to cement her resolve to become the Mockingjay. But while the revolution gains strength, Katniss is torn by the number of people dying for the cause she is heading: she is beginning to wonder if the regimentation of District 13 and President Alma Coin are any better than the Capitol and Snow. In this thrilling finale, Collins uses her main character to comment on: the power of the media and those who control it; how circumstances can turn gentle people into warriors; how power corrupts; the futility of war; and how those who develop weapons have no control over how they will be used. Collins gives the reader believable characters and an electrifying plot with plenty of twists. This may not be capital L literature, but it is nonetheless a gripping and thought-provoking read.
AlexZ (03/26/12)

A good conclusion
I really enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy. The third installment, Mockingjay, I feel has been too harshly judged. It was somewhat different than the other two books, but I feel that Collins did well wrapping the story up for the most part. We all knew that the war was an eminent threat, and in this book we see the unfolding and final results of that. She does well in her telling of the different effects that are felt by the characters of the war as well. There were a couple of things that I think could have been addressed better. Katniss spent more than enough time in the hospital recuperating from her being a focal point of the war for both sides. I do that she captured the hardships of a rebel war fairly well. The other problem I have, was that the end was quite abrupt. There is all of the build up in the war, and as soon as the major battle is over, the book, with mere mention of the aftermath of the war ends as well. Over all, I thought that Collins did well to finalize the thrilling trilogy that so many have delighted in. The book is not unrealistic, and definitely worth the read to conclude the series.
sydalg (03/08/12)

mockingjay
I really loved the trilogy by Suzanne Collins. However, I was was really disappointed with what I felt was a rushed ending that made the characters feel pathetic. The love triangle that entangled me and left me hungry for more dissolved before my eyes. I still think that the author is talented and that her books bought me hours of joy.
I felt their pain and in the end I was angry and it caused me pain.
Did anyone else experience feel this way real or unreal?
Schultz (10/19/10)

Amazing book
I love to read and I love this series, it is seriously on my top ten list, right up there with Harry Potter and Twilight. It is engaging, keeps you reading for hours. I stayed up for two weeks and blasted through all four books. It is full of adventure, gore, romance, what else could you ask for? As someone who greatly appreciates a great fantasy written in the first person, I highly highly recommend this series.
Claire (10/06/10)

A Hard Way To End
This book was great. I loved how Collins left us hanging, plus gave us eye bobbling moments that really made us think. I loved how the book played out. I the one thing I wish didn't happen was the ending. It seemed to end way to fast. And I, and most likely other Hunger Games fans, wish there was a 4th book.

• Book Jacket: Hyde

1.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin
  2.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh

I write to add to the beauty that now belongs to me

P Your O C