Reader reviews and comments on Galileo's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Galileo's Daughter

Oct 1999, 448 pages
    Oct 2000, 432 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Galileo's Daughter

wardo

Galileo's Daughter, a story of love, faith, and science
An amazing read. This is the story of Galileo's life in the context of his eldest daughter's beautiful prose. The story shines the intimacy of this mans relationship with his up-until-now unknown daughter and at the same time exposes the relevance of the masters life as a scientist, philosopher, and deeply religious man. I had a sense of the conflict of beginning a devote Catholic in a time when the church’s authority and scientific reasoning was at its nexus. A must read for those who love history, science, and faith.
Imjetta

Galileos Daughter
I loved this book! It starts out slow, and I had to put it down to ponder every now and again, but I love it! So rich in detail and history. I learned so much about the time period as well as about Galileo himself. I've always admired him, but now I adore him!
meac

extremely interesting book, with great storyline, makes and exellent read
Q.T

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING

Mary Sue Schnell
A stunning and moving tale of the love and devotion between the brilliant scientist, Galileo, and his largely unknown daughter. I was totally unprepared to deal with the stunning conclusion of this book. Five stars.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R