Reader reviews and comments on The Emperor's Children, plus links to write your own review.

The Emperor's Children

Jun 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Emperor's Children

rachelwf

overrated & slooooowwwwww
I really tried with this book. It had a very interesting plot & characters but the writer dragged sooo much with her writing, that I put it down less than a 1/3rd through. I know it's been reviewed as a real prize, but I could not finish it.
Bookworm

Too wordy
I also really tried with this book. The plot seemed interesting, but the writing was soooo wordy. Sentences seemed to drag on down the page. I had to reread sentences often. I only got through about a fourth of the book and gave up.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C