Reader reviews and comments on A History of the World in 6 Glasses, plus links to write your own review.

By Tom Standage

• Hardcover: Jun 2005,
    Paperback: May 2006,

There are currently 9 reader reviews for A History of the World in 6 Glasses

JS115 (07/22/13)

A History of the World in 6 Glasses
I kinda liked it but it wasn't what the title says. It's not the whole History of the World... It was the History of the Six Drinks, that's what makes this book kind of boring.
Blah (08/16/11)

Hard To Read
I had to read this book for AP World History. Actually, I'm still reading it. I just can't get through it. Some things are very interesting but it's just very hard to get into it.
Johan (01/27/11)

Great
I read this book for my AP class. For interested parties only. Its written simply enough for anyone to read, but ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN HISTORY, otherwise you'll spend most of your time complaining about having to read it for an AP assignment.
gotzy284 (09/05/10)

Horrible
I had to read this book for my AP Class. It was so boring, I actually almost fell asleep. Wouldn't read it for spare time.
Shannon (08/16/10)

Burning this book when I finish it.
I had to read this for my AP class. Fell asleep at least a couple of times.. Very boring for teenagers. Don't read it on your own free time. It's horrible! D: And the majority of it, I had no idea what the **** it was talking about.
Amanda (08/13/10)

Poorly executed.
Although this book had a slightly more interesting view on history, it was written in a very boring context, and the only reason I bothered to finish it was because there was an assignment along with it for my AP class. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
trouble_maker (08/09/10)

boring ass shit
This book made me fall asleep four times. I read a lot of books and this was the worst. I read, like, 7 books a week.
this book.... (08/04/10)

SUCKS
This book is the epitome of all books, it is written in such a boring way that , in my opinion, is only being assigned as reading material for my AP class, because my teacher likes to torture students. This book is a giant waste of time, and honestly, you could learn more about historical drinks from just watching the history channel for a day. And at least watching t.v. would take up less time!

• Book Jacket: Hyde

1.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois
  2.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

P Your O C