Reader reviews and comments on The Cry of The Icemark, plus links to write your own review.

The Cry of The Icemark

By Stuart Hill

The Cry of The Icemark

• Hardcover: Mar 2005,
    Paperback: Jun 2006,

There are currently 24 reader reviews for The Cry of The Icemark

Jonathan (11/04/12)

Awesome book
Stuart Hill's book, the Cry of the Icemark, is a amazingly written book about personal discovery and the fight that people have. Also The Cry of the Icemark is a great book that keeps you interested until the very last flip of the page. This book is definitely in the top 5 best books I have every read. Within the first few words of the book Hill does a great job getting you hooked and into the story. Hill also did a great job of showing the feeling and emotions of all the characters and how they changed through out the book. the creatures that hill has created and the way he shows all the creatures are not how they are usually thought of and it is very creative how he does it. it blew my mind! Through out the book there was tons of twist and turns which kept you on you toes. Hill also did a great job of weaving in subtle history with all of the detailed battle scenes. But, don't be fooled. This is a fantastical piece of fiction that creates no boundaries between what is, what was and what can be imagined. The plot is amazing and is described so that you can picture it in your head. this is a great book for fantasy lovers, but I highly recommend this book to anyone looking forward who likes books with a high pace and good story. Also all the fighting battles and all of the suspense keeps the reader on the edge of their seat, which really makes the book entertaining.But don't worry this book is not just battles, there is also a bit of romance between Thirrin and Oskan. So this book touches every single element a great book has in it which makes it so you can not put it down and definitely deserves 5 stars. I cant wait for the sequenl.
Rose (08/04/10)

Awesome Read
This book I chose for my summer reading this year and I picked an excellent book to read. This book has action, hints of romance, and some violence as well but just the right amount. This book is good for anyone for any age!!!
The Cry of the Icemark Critic (05/25/10)

Ehhh
In my opinion, I think this book can do better because for one thing, people say it will be in movies since like 3 or more years ago and I am still waiting for it. This book is good, but not that good because in my opinion, I dont like the term "wolf-folk" and "Giant Snow Leopards". Instead, it think the author could have used Werewolves, Centaurs, Minotaurs, and well more mythology creatures. Also, a dragon would make this book effective too.
JW6 (05/26/09)

Amazing book
I love this book and series. It is amazing. I love reading. Write more! Please
Genevieve (11/04/08)

The Cry Of The Icemark
I loved this book, I was home sick from school when I was reading it I had got it from our reading center the day before, when I picked it up I could not put it down, I was reading it all day until I finished it ,I loved this book but my school didn't have the second one now I have go to every book store in town to find it! And believe me i will be worth it! If you love reading as much as I do, the you will LOVE this book. Long live the Icemark!!
Esme (10/12/08)

The Icemark books
It started off by reading by brothers copy of The Cry of the Icemark and then I loved them and read the next two. I think Stuart Hill is great because he has alot of expression and describing words so you really get the image in your head. Hill is great author and role model for budding authors.
AC (09/22/08)

WHAT A BOOK!!
Hill is probably one of the greatest authors of my time, ignoring the sad realization that very few read his books. The Icemark Chronicles are the brilliant recordings of the great Thirrin and her children and the dangers they face defending the small country of the Icemark. The battle scenes are mind blowing, the characters are wonderfully charming, and the story is unlike anything you will find in the fantasy section at the book store. Read them, and know how enchanting the fantasy world of Hill can be,
Thirrengirl (02/24/08)

I love this book!!
I love fantasy!!! Although Harry Potter is truly my favorite, the Cry of the Icemark runs a very close second. Anyone who is out for another good read- try the GOLDEN COMPASS, or for a more mature read, try STARDUST. Long live the Icemark!!!

• Book Jacket: Hyde
    by Carol Cassella

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

P Your O C