Reader reviews and comments on Inkheart, plus links to write your own review.

By Cornelia Funke

• Hardcover: Oct 2003,
    Paperback: Jun 2005,

There are currently 107 reader reviews for Inkheart

Rebekah Miller (06/03/11)

AWESOME
In the two days it took me to read the book I couldn't put it down not even for supper. I wish it had lasted me longer. It caught my attention on the first page and that is what books should do. I always read the first page before I ever get a book; if it does not get my attention then, I don' get it, so you are the best author ever!
a 10 year old female (04/05/11)

Inkheart is amazing
I really enjoy the book and although I have not completed reading it yet, Inkheart has already reached my top 1 books. I can't wait to read Inkspell and Inkdeath. 2 of my friends and I often read the same book,s or the same series of books, or books from the same author, and we discuss our thoughts. we have not managed a proper conversation yet, but we all think that Inkheart is brilliant.
Michaela (03/22/11)

miceykot@gmail.com
An excellent read for all ages. Cornelia's descriptions are breath taking in more than one way. I found this book very hard to put down.
amazing (02/05/11)

excellent
Anyone would like this book. it will grab your interest. It was awesome, and I was engrossed in it. I highly recommend it
Katie Wilson (11/09/10)

An excellent book.
Jessy Gluck (09/11/10)

amazing book
The best book ever!
Anonymous (06/06/10)

THE BEST BOOK EVER !!!!!
I would recommend this book called the “INKHEART” by Cornelia Funke to all because the story plot and descriptions are very wonderfully written. There are many different mysterious adventures in the story and the characters are “well-developed” in the sense of humorous characters, etc. Even before I started reading this book and by just looking at the cover page, it was already tempting me to borrow it from the library and read it. Especially for those who loved reading mysterious tales or adventure stories, I would guarantee that once you start reading it, you would have troubles getting yourself to put it down. The story is talking about this girl named Meggie who lived alone with her father who is a bookbinder. However, her father has a deep secret and that is he possesses an extraordinary magical power. On one cruel night, Meggie's father reads a book called Inkheart aloud, when an evil ruler named Capricorn escapes the boundaries of fiction and lands in their living room. Suddenly, the two are plunged into the kind of adventure Meggie has only encountered in fiction, and they must somehow learn to harness the magic they were reading about to change the course of the story before it ruins their lives forever. The author chose to start every chapter with a quote from a book and I find that a very interesting way of starting a story. You will never guess what will be happening next and how the story will end. You will have to read it because the story has a deeper meaning into it. This has to be the best book I have ever read. I love how it talks about all the characters and just by reading the story they will seem like your best friend that you have known from birth. It gives great detail like you are there in the book. You always wonder what will happen next, so you just want to keep reading and reading. After reading INKHEART, you will be in love with the book and will move on to read INKSPELL, INKDEATH and other books written by the author like DRAGON RIDER or IGRAINE THE BRAVE.
Ihavealife (12/31/09)

The Best Has Spoken
I believe that this book is... my favorite book of all time! Mmhmmmmm! That's right!

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin
  2.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois

In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us.

P Your O C