Reader reviews and comments on The Lady and the Unicorn, plus links to write your own review.

The Lady and the Unicorn

Jan 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lady and the Unicorn

Darmanian Le'Phayle

Le Paris C'ontre
DAR ABRAHAMOVICH! Magnificent! Splendid! The alliteration can't be beaten! The imagination blows one's mind! Everyone has to read this.
Charlie

This is a great book.I loved it from the start to the finish. In fact it was so good, I couldn't wait for lunch times to come round or to get home from work, so that I could pick up the book and get submerged once again in this 15th century medieval story. The rogue artist (Nicolas des Innocents) gets tangled in various relationships whilst the creation of some gorgeous tapestries (designed by Nicholas) for the nobleman Jean Le Viste are being created. This is a superb story with great characters, and definitely one of the best books I have read. Even when you have finished this book the characters stay with you. Wonderful! I cannot wait until I can get hold of another Tracy Chevalier book.
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
This is a delightful, engrossing story that educates as it entertains. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction at its finest.
Jacky LORETTE

Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?
Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?

You will see, with The Lady and the Unicorn, we are far from the simple interpretation usually known of the Five Senses !

The tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn were woven for Antoine Le Viste, perhaps in Brussels, Tournai or Bruges. They can be the work of the painter Jean Perreal, known as Jehan of Paris. The mysterious Lady is Mary Tudor, third wife of Louis XII and sister of Henry VIII, who was the Queen of France from August to December 1514. The second woman is Claude of France, wife of François 1st. The six tapestries, currently visible in the Museum of the Middle Ages and the Thermal Baths of Cluny in Paris, are part of a series of eight tapestries, and tell various episodes of Mary's life in France.
veronica

This is the third book of Tracy Chevalier's that I've read and I've loved all of them. (Girl With a Pearl Earring and Falling Angels) She has such a unique writing style. I highly recommend her books!
Anisa

I find it a very interesting book

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Memorial Drive
    Memorial Drive
    by Natasha Trethewey
    On June 5, 1985, Natasha Trethewey's mother, Gwendolyn Turnbough, was murdered by her ex-husband, ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C