Reader reviews and comments on Madam Secretary, plus links to write your own review.

Madam Secretary

by Madeleine Albright

Madam Secretary by Madeleine Albright X
Madam Secretary by Madeleine Albright

Sep 2003, 562 pages
    Apr 2005, 576 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Madam Secretary

panjola

great book to read if you love to read about a woman's journey to the top and actually reaching beyond the glass ceiling
Gary Horton

As an inveterate autobiography reader, this one rates right up there as engrossing, entertaining and approachable. Great read!
aguyinphilly

Excellent Bio.
I don't often read biographies, especially political ones. In most political autobiographies, it appears that author has an ax to grind. This is definitely not the case with this book.

Mrs. Albright's memoir shines a light international political negotiations that the public never seems to hear about. This book is at times humorous and self effacing and it has renewed my interest in biographies. I recommend this book.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Memorial Drive
    Memorial Drive
    by Natasha Trethewey
    On June 5, 1985, Natasha Trethewey's mother, Gwendolyn Turnbough, was murdered by her ex-husband, ...
  • Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...

A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family.

Ruthie Fear
    by Maxim Loskutoff

In this haunting parable of the American West, a young woman faces the violent past of her remote Montana valley.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C