Reader reviews and comments on The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

The Tale of Despereaux

Aug 2003, 272 pages
    Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

Eppen

Good
It was good.
Valerie

The tale of despereaux
It the best book ever and it is also very touching. I loved it!!! I like these kinds of books where there are animals and people in it,even though it is non-realistic. I advise everyone to read it
kreena

Tales of Despereausx
It is a great book. I love this book. It is the best book I ever read. I really don't like to read books but I like this one.
unknown

my review
This is a amazing adventure story that lures you in. It is one of the best books I've ever read actually , it is the best book I've ever read. This book is actually 4 books in one. The first story is about Desperaux tilling. The second book is about a rat named Chiaroscuro A.K.A Roscuro. The third book is about a slow-witted servant named Miggery Sow. The fourth and final book is about Roscuro and Desperaux finally getting out of the dungeon and when there in the castle they have no tails. I recomend to the ages 7-12 also, this is a winner of the 2005 Newberry award.
book fan

despereaux
This book is incredibly good. I like the dark and scary language.
Lollipop

great
I think this is a fantastic book. Filled with many details and adventure. It might be kind of hard to write a book report on it though. Anyways, I think the author did a great job :D
Rob

Desperific
This book is the best book I've ever read. Kate DiCamillo has just just hit the Jackpot. This book smells like honey. I recommend this book for kids and adults of all ages. Amazing!!!!
Sarah

Despereaux Delights
The tale of Desperaux is fantastical, and, read aloud, sounds like honey as Despereaux describes music. I recommend it for 3-6 graders because through that era, children are feeling that they need adventure.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C