Reader reviews and comments on The Da Vinci Code, plus links to write your own review.

By Dan Brown

• Hardcover: Mar 2003,
    Paperback: Mar 2006,

There are currently 161 reader reviews for The Da Vinci Code

cryptic moon (06/15/11)

nothing to say!!
woow!! What a book is this? I've never read a book like this before. But sometime I lost the coincidence. In every chapter Mr. Brown creates new things which I like the most. But the thing was that, being a high school student, at first I didn't get it exactly. But, when I got through this book by Wikipedia I got it properly and wanna give thanks !! This is it....wanna get new books from Mr Brown. Ohh!! One thing, as a high school student I am not good at English, if I have made any mistakes please forgive me.
Peter (01/05/08)

Wait til you read this
DA VINCI CODE, for all the hoopla, generated more heat than it merited. As a page turner, pulling the reader in and keeping him/her to the end, it achieved its goal, though it isn't by any means a classic of literature. I don't think Brown meant it to be as controversial as it turned out to be, made so by people who took it too seriously.
Ashlyn R (10/21/07)

what a book!
This "on my toes" mystery was jammed packed with action from the very first pages. "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown was fast moving and kept me thinking the entire time. I did not want to put it down. I LOVED IT!
Chris C. (10/21/07)

A Good Book
I think this book is very well written in many ways. I think that the character development is well put together and the characters fit well with the plot. I found this book very interesting and enjoyed all of the twists and turns. It is a very well thought out and adventurous piece of literature. It is a fast paced novel that ties in many facts with fiction. Overall, I think it was it was an excellent, interesting piece of work that could be enjoyed by all.
jan (09/01/06)

The da vinci code
i am 21 years old, and i have read this book over 5 times now, and each time i read it..i always discover something new which i have never noticed before. this amazing quality was quite absent in all the others books i ve read.all through the book, the way brown has woven such a beautiful work, with all the peices falling in place at the right time. the suspense, the anagrams, the puzzles, and the greatest mystery which is unleashed at the end.. sure keeps the reader at the edge of his seat. i ve no doubt, leaving all religious stuff aside, one will truly enjoy the book for its breath-taking mystery and am sure that this book is going to make history...
Nickk (05/20/06)

The Da Vinci Code
This book is great and if you are upset about "anti-religious" elements in the book, remember it's just fiction.
Reality Check (04/18/06)

Am I crazy?
Has the world gone mad? How can people like this book so much? Have they never read a truly great work, a classic?

All I can say is that this is a nice simple book for nice simple people. I was very disappointed. The plot was childish

I think this will be a rare case where the movie is better than the book.

The plot had major potential but the book was wirtten so that it was easy to understand even by children. The characters are paper thin and many of the "twists" are laughable.

I want an apology from the major book reviewers who I suspect were coerced into giving such glowing reviews.
webster (03/10/06)

fissure-squeezing
i must admit that i've read the book because it is very intriguing. but no regrets at all... i know, many people would definitely not give this book a perfect rating because as they judge it, their faith comes in meddling with the verdict to be made. the book is really extraordinary. well, as all of the books in our market is, it is just composed of a story and ideas of the writer. i must say that dan brown has no intentions of fooling us or persuade us not to believe anymore in our faith. for me, facts are facts, fictions are fictions.we can never argue anymore with history if we are somehow affected by the annotations in the novel. i, like many of us, was born catholic but respects other faith. i do believe that there is a supreme being over us. and thank's to him... well, i must concede that the book is right in one of its lines: our faith(on everything at that) today is just a product of fabrications in our history... while living, what we must do possess is learn how to respect, appreciate and judge unfavorably. i understand others who hate this book, but, please open your eyes... we're not living in the barbaric era, we are in the modern world... i mean, conform with the reality visible today! just believe on what you believe is right... and everything will turn out fine...

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove