Reader reviews and comments on Chesapeake Blue, plus links to write your own review.

Chesapeake Blue

By Nora Roberts

Chesapeake Blue

• Hardcover: Nov 2002,
    Paperback: Feb 2004,

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Chesapeake Blue

Cloggie Downunder (05/05/12)

entertaining read
Chesapeake Blue is the fourth of the Chesapeake Bay series by Nora Roberts. It is the story of Seth Quinn, who as a ten-year-old , was bought from his mother (Ray’s estranged daughter, Gloria deLauter) by Ray Quinn and raised by Ray’s adopted sons, Cam, Ethan and Phil. After years of promoting his art around the continent, Seth Quinn wants to come home to St Christopher, to the security of the place he grew up in. When he arrives, he meets Drusilla Whitcomb Banks, granddaughter of a Senator, who has come to St Chris to get away from life in Washington and the stifling demands of her parents. She’s running a flower shop and loving it, and Seth wants to paint her, and more. But everyone has secrets in their past, and Seth’s is insisting on turning up like a bad penny, threatening everything he holds dear. Is there any way someone as sophisticated as Dru can be with someone like Seth with his history? Is Seth underestimating Drusilla’s strength? Has Seth forgotten he is a Quinn, and Quinns stand together? This final chapter in the Chesapeake Bay series will please fans who wanted to know how Seth turned out. Roberts knows how to create characters to love and hate, and a plot that is original. An entertaining read.
attea (02/20/07)

Chesapeake Bay Series
The four books about the Quinns are the best I have ever read. Nora Roberts pulls you into her stories and all the characters come alive. I am reading about the Quinns for the second time and enjoying them even more that the first time. I am hoping they will be made into a TV series. I wish there would be more about the Quinns--continuing with Seth-Cameron, Ethan and Phillip. attea
attea (02/20/07)

Chesapeake Bay Series
Andy (03/23/06)

Fairytale, not novel
This is only the second book of Roberts' that I have listened to, and some themes are very apparent.
I would have hoped that a woman would have understood the difference between sex and romance but in this case I am disappointed. Ms. Roberts sees women as self propelled sex toys: no self respecting woman would let herself be treated like these women do. She also seems to combine violence in her sex scenes on a regular basis. Please leave the unreal and totally unnecessary sex scenes out.
Of course there was the ghost story aspect, which let us all know that this was really just a fairy tale.
The book would be very entertaining if the vileness of the sex and language were left out: its time for Ms Roberts to get out of the high school boy mentality.
Anonymous (12/07/04)

I loved Nora's books for so long and I fell in love with the story of the three man taking care of the little boy. Now, the story tells the ever much anticipated story of Seth Quinn. I loved the book and the previous three books. I give it 5/5.
AutumnBrown (11/07/04)

Nora is a great author. It is amazing how many books she has written over the years. Did you know her first cousin is a historical fiction author? Her name is Rita Gerlach. I loved her books, especially Thorns In Eden and The Everlasting Mountains. She is too good to be published with a small press. Maybe writing talent runs in the genes of their family! I will watch for more books by this family of authors.

AutumnBrown
USA
Francie (09/24/04)

This book is excellent. I enjoyed the entire Quinn family series, but this book takes the cake. It's the perfect ending to the perfect series.
Layla warsame (03/04/04)

I'm thirteen years old and had started reading Nora Roberts books at the age of twelve. The minute i picked one up I couldn't believe I hadn't heard about Nora Roberts!!!, i mean I'm a kid so I wouldn't have known about her, since her books are adult romances. I'm a total romantic. I love evreything that involves love. If I see a restaurant, think of Paris, look out at night when its pouring rain-I'm falling in love. The first book I've ever read was "Midnight Bayou" and I was laughing and crying my head off, my current fave now is "Chesapeake Blue" and the whole Quinn series!! Congrats on your success and ambition in this delightful book. It was truly memeorable. Love, Layz

• Book Jacket: Gemini
    Gemini
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...
  • Book Jacket: Toms River
    Toms River
    by Dan Fagin
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction

In Toms River, investigative journalist Dan Fagin ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading, you wish the author that wrote it was a ...

P Your O C