Reader reviews and comments on Bad Boy Brawly Brown, plus links to write your own review.

Bad Boy Brawly Brown

Jul 2003, 320 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bad Boy Brawly Brown

The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

Back with a Vengeance!

Easy Rawlins is back with a vengeance. He is not the same person though; he has lost his closest friend and feels that he will never recover from the hurt. Easy has settled into life as a family man, with a normal 9-5 job and a paycheck at the end of the week. In his opinion, his days as the unconventional private detective Easy Rawlins are well behind him.

One day out of the blue Easy gets a call from his old friend John, it turns out that John's stepson Brawley Brown has disappeared and is running with members of a radical political group. Brawley's parents feel that he is entangled in a web of violence and will be harmed in the process. John has always helped Easy without question, so even though Easy doesn't want to look for Brawley, he does.

As Easy begins his investigation, he finds himself in the midst of danger. He also discovers that this case is about much more than locating Brawley and returning him home. People in this novel are not always who or what they portray themselves to be.

Life for Easy goes beyond being a private detective. In addition to the difficult case, he is dealing with potential problems brewing at home concerning his children. Also the loss of his best friend is on Easy's mind daily and sometimes overwhelms him.

Bad Boy Brawley Brown is an intriguing mystery that keeps you guessing. Just when you think you know who the villain is, author Walter Mosley throws a curve ball that will have you thinking otherwise, and in my opinion that makes for the best stories of mystery. I must confess this is my first Walter Mosley novel, but it will not be my last because I enjoyed it. I highly recommend this book.

Reviewed by Simone A. Hawks of The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers
RAWSISTAZ Book Club

Copyright 2002, RAWSISTAZ Book Club

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C

© BookBrowse LLC 1997-2020. All rights reserved. Information at BookBrowse.com is published with the permission of the copyright holder or their agent.
It is forbidden to copy anything for publication elsewhere without written permission from the copyright holder.