Reader reviews and comments on Kira-Kira, plus links to write your own review.

By Cynthia Kadohata

• Hardcover: Feb 2004,
    Paperback: Jan 2007,

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Kira-Kira

lindsey O'brian (03/03/13)

best book
I fell in love with this book. It is really good; I can't stop reading it. You should really read it.
franhuazo (02/11/12)

KIRA KIRA
Kira-Kira seems as a word used to just mean something glittering, but to Lynn and Katie it is much more its more of a way to admire everything that they have around them. It's also a way in which they express how they feel and how they can make something as ordinary as a box of tissues seem wonderful. It's a sad yet awaking book, thrilling and mysterious in the fact of not knowing what's coming to you and what else you're going to read.
cami (12/14/11)

amazing but little i mean i lot sad
This book is a wonderful book, so good, I just wish it was not so sad. I almost cried.
Re'Anna (09/15/11)

kira kira
I think kira kira is a great book its book for you and your kids its sad and happy and like how they wrote it and there descriptions. I hope they write more great books like kira kira
Wendy (02/08/11)

Kira-Kira
I loved this book because I never read a book about a sister that loved her sister so dearly and when the older sister died, it changed the whole story into a cloudy book because it was so sad. I recommend this book for whoever comes upon it. READ IT! =D
Juju (12/01/10)

Best book
I loved this book! I thought it would be boring but the first page convinced me otherwise.
Yessenia (11/10/10)

Awesome
When I first saw the book I thought it was going to be boring. When I read the first page I fell in love with it and now I am trying to see where I can buy it in Sanford. It was a heartbreaking story and I started crying when I finished. My friend called me when I was crying and I didn't want to tell him why. I love Kira-Kira which means glittering for those who haven't read it.
B (02/09/10)

Very Well Written.
Lynn has a special ability to teach Katie to look past tomorrow, teach her how to view the world, why people stop and stare on the street, and why everything is Kira-Kira. This should be the most touching, emotion-touching, heartbreaking book to cross a mind.

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove