Read what people think about Lost Luggage by Jordi Punti, and write your own review.

By Jordi Punti

• Published in USA  Oct 2013,

There are currently 17 reader reviews for Lost Luggage

Diane D. (South Portland, ME) (09/01/13)

Lenghthy Lost Luggage!
Although Punti is a master at prose, his sheer amount of flashbacks and characters is a lot to sort through. The reader needs to pay close attention as the author jumps back and forth through the decades. The story of the Christophers is so unusual and really held my interest throughout the long book.
Kate G. (Bronx, NY) (08/31/13)

4 Christophers!
Lost Luggage, the award winning novel is translated from Catalan and tells the story of Gabriel Delacruz and his life as a mover in Europe. Raised in an orphanage, he grows up and with his best friend, Bundo joins an international moving company in Barcelona. This offers both young men many opportunities to meet people and Gabriel is a very charming young man who ends up with 4 wives and 4 sons, all variations of Christopher. It is a wonderful story, but its long descriptive passages may be off putting to those who prefer more plot driven fiction. It was really enjoyable, but occasionally I longed for a more straightforward story.
John P. (Timonium, MD) (08/27/13)

Lost Luggage
Christof, Christophe,, Christopher and Cristofol take us on an amazing journey that introduce to Senyora Giuditta and through her their father Gabriel Delacruz. The history, culture and fascinating turns through dark alleys, barrooms and interesting apartments as well as travel through tunnels that take you from one culture to another will keep the reader intrigued and wondering where it will take them.
Judith G. (Ewa Beach, HI) (08/24/13)

Flashback city
I gave up on page 364 of 473. The continuing change of eras/narrators/names and the accompanying details is not the kind of novel I enjoy. By page 364 I had tried really hard to finish the book. I don't look at the last pages of books to see how they end. That said after I finish this review I will do just that because I have to know what happened....but I will not read another 100 pages of the same 'to and froing'.....
Christine B. (St. Paul, MN) (08/19/13)

Lost Luggage
I absolutely loved the four "Christophers". This novel dissects the unusual and enigmatic relationship between Gabriel Delacruz and his four sons and their four respective mothers. I thought that all the secondary characters totally added to the overall charm of the story. The authors verbiage is extraordinary at conveying the ordinary man who encounters tragedy, comedy and pathos in his life. The mystery the four sons pursue in locating their father is interesting mostly because we learn the "story" of everyone involved, including the four delightful mothers. I think this book would generate a lot of interesting discussion.
Donna W. (Wauwatosa, WI) (08/16/13)

Lost Luggage
"Lost Luggage" is a story about 4 boys trying to find the father who abandoned each of them and their 4 different mothers. The main story is quite clever, but the author is so ambitious in his telling of it that he introduces too many side characters and goes off on too many tangents. While this helps to make the story unique, it also tends to weigh the story down. When the story was revolving around the main 5 characters it had a charm to it, but I found my attention wandering during much of the book. It was interesting enough that I wanted to find out what happened to the father and the boys in the end, but a lot of the other characters were a distraction. I had to push myself sometimes to keep going.
Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT) (08/16/13)

Lost Luggage
Reading this book was a huge challenge for me. The story was pretty good, but the translation was in British English, with all the similes and other cliches that made me look up some British terms often. also, I'm not used to reading sentences that comprise of 50 to 75 words. My reading pace slows way down and sometimes I tend to reread sentences and paragraphs.
Overall, I recommend this book to anyone that is from the UK, loves a good mystery, and likes to read books that won many awards. 4 stars
Mary Beth S. (Mequon, WI) (08/16/13)

Lost Luggage lost me
Four young men, fathered by the same man with different mothers, discover the existence of the others in Lost Luggage by Jordi Punti . Combined, they serve as the narrator of this book which is confusing enough on its own. To complicate matters for the reader even further, they are all named some variation of the same name and refer to themselves as The Christophers. I found the ending to be convenient considering the hundreds of pages that led up to it. Sorry to say, this is not a book I will be recommending.

The Search