Read what people think about Crime of Privilege by Walter Walker, and write your own review.

By Walter Walker

• Published in USA  Jun 2013,

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Crime of Privilege

Sandy P. (Gainesville, FL) (05/01/13)

Well written and entertaining
Because of the similarities, at first I thought it was just going to be a re-hash of the Chappaquiddick incident (Ted Kennedy) or the Martha Moxley case (Michael Skakel) but it differed enough to be interesting, hold my attention to the end the book. I felt the anguish of Heather's father and his doggedness to not let the case languish and die was a critical part of the plot and emotion of the story. Once Asst. DA George Becket realized the leads Heather's father was furnishing were not being followed up he became his ally and advocate. And always in the background was the earlier death of Kendrick Powell (and her equally determined and powerful father). George was there that night. Should he have done more to prevent what happened? Guilt is powerful. The privileged gentry has, well, privileges afforded to them. But don't underestimate a wronged, vengeful, grief-stricken parent who should never have to bury his child. The story had enough twists, dead end leads and cast of players to remain interesting. I'll definitely look for more of Mr. Walker's books.
Cheryl W. (Cassville, MO) (04/30/13)

Crime of Privilege
Poor George, he doesn't know who to trust. This novel has twists and turns and people using one another. It keeps you guessing, who is telling the truth? Who is spying on who? How will the who-dun-it be solved? I enjoyed this book, it took me awhile to get into it and at times was confusing as to what the relationship was between the characters. Overall I would recommend it to others.
Laura G. (Buffalo, NY) (04/29/13)

Crime of Privilege - only "good"
I was really looking forward to reading this book. It had an interesting premise and a captivating start. Sadly, after taking the reader to many different places and introducing many different characters, it seems to fizzle out. I was left feeling that the writer had a great idea but for some reason wrapped it up too quickly leaving a lot of unanswered questions.
Jane C. (Brighton, MI) (04/27/13)

Crime of Privilege
Privilege is interesting concept. We hear many times of how great it is to have money and what you can get away with. This book is a perfect example. The book takes privilege to a new height. I really liked the book. It was hard to put down. It moved from coast to coast and to several world venues to solve a crime that did not want to be solved. Great read. Walter Walker is a great legal writer.
Bink W. (Sopchoppy, FL) (04/23/13)

Great crime literature
This book hooked me immediately with its setting, characters, and plot. Pretty much read it without putting it down and enjoyed the suspense and complexity. I tend to like the more involved noir and Swedish mysteries and this fit in well with that mood and use of language. Can't wait for more from this writer.
Sarah C. (Cape Girardeau, MO) (04/23/13)

Crime of Privilege
Justice?? what is it? and for whom??? This book came so close to describing events that happened in my lifetime. Eventually someone paid, but to what end? I found the story very thought provoking and absolutely riveting. I gave it to my husband to read his nose was in the book constantly. The last line is very powerful. Just do what?
Darcy C. (San Diego, CA) (04/22/13)

This is going to be a BESTSELLER!
What a fantastic book! The characters were believable and the tension was palpable. I raced through this book and was caught off-guard with the antics of the characters and the deception was written with such cruelty, that your heart poured-out for the protagonist. This book will be flying off the shelves when published. Just when you think you have read 'all' of the murder-mysteries possible..... pick up this book, and you will be rewarded with a great story! I am putting this novelist on my "to watch for" list, NOW! Enjoy this stellar story!
Erica M. (Chicago, IL) (04/21/13)

Torn from the headlines?
At first I thought this story was going to be nothing more than a fictionalized version of the problems that plague the Kennedy family and was disappointed. As I read further, I found that the story became far more complicated and deep. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and looked forward to returning to the book each day. In retrospect, however, I felt that much of the construction of the story was contrived to propel it forward, rather than following naturally from the movement of the story line. All in all in was interesting reading with an underlying public plot line to make it all the more compelling.

Mrs. Hemingway