Read what people think about Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon, and write your own review.

By Melanie Gideon

• Published in USA  May 2012,

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Wife 22

Kim L. (cary, IL) (04/14/12)

Looking for love
This book held my attention. I felt that the main character was well developed and likeable. I wish that the main character's husband had been more developed. I didn't feel that I really understood him. He felt sort of vanilla or bland to me.
Gary R. (bolingbrook, IL) (04/12/12)

Wife 22
OK, I'm a guy reading, what I heard called chic lit? Being married over that 20 year mark, this book really opened my eyes. It made me think about how we both can, over time, take each other for granted; and how little things people do can drive others crazy. Very good read, went fast. Really enjoyed the writing style. Come on guys, pick this up, worth the time. Next time I hear those little words, turn over your snoring, I'll think of Alice!
Kay B. (Lake Jackson, TX) (04/11/12)

Insider's Look at Marriage
I thoroughly enjoyed this story of a marriage, friendship, and parenthood told through the tools of modern technology. As the “wife” answers questions from an online marriage survey, readers who have been married at least 15 years will be able to relate to her revealing answers whether the answer is a short, direct answer or a lengthy, sometimes rambling answer. Her relationships with her father, children, and friends often explored via “twitter” or “e-mail” will be familiar to readers at the same stage of life. This was an engaging, easy to read book that I didn’t want to see end.
Marie C. (Wyoming, DE) (04/11/12)

Quick, easy read
First, this was a quick, easy, enjoyable read but rather predictable as the ending is well foreshadowed throughout. I found the book to be humorous as well as sad at times. It was a somewhat simplistic treatment of a not uncommon, serious relationship problem. The ending while satisfying was rather unrealistic. I think it will be received well by middle aged women and will be a good book club choice as it will definitely spark discussion.
Marjorie W. (Bonita Springs, FL) (04/05/12)

Wife 22
I was not disappointed in Wife 22. I read the review by Jennifer Hershey before I started the story and was surprised that I, too, found the story a mix of humor and sadness. Enjoyed the little twist at the end; not quite what was expected. If one is looking for a light read - this is it.
Mary M. (Beverly Hills, FL) (04/04/12)

Funny, earthy, tender
This novel is a moving and creative look at the journey of one woman, and her family, to try to get back to the connections that made them a family in the first place. Alice Buckle is nearing 45, with a part-time job, two teenage children and a husband she seems to have lost touch with, and he with her, along the way. One day, a message arrives in her overflowing email in-box that shakes up her life and sets her on a path she had not expected.

The story of her and her family's attempt at a reconnection is told wittily and truthfully. The format is somewhat unusual, in that Alice and her family and friends are already fully "connected", so much of the story is not told descriptively, but through texting, e-mail, IMs, and Facebook chats. It's laugh-out-loud funny in places, and I had to reach for a tissue other times. The ending is satisfying - not giving away any plot spoilers here - though many readers will probably see it coming, as I did.

Fans of Jennifer Weiner will be happy with this book. Also, any reader who likes a well-rounded, intelligent, funny, and very real protagonist, whom you root for all the way.
Marta M. (Santa Ana, CA) (04/04/12)

omg/lol
I really enjoyed this book. Yes, it is a bit of fluff, but such an enjoyable bit of fluff. I really enjoyed the way it was written in internet speak. It had facebook statuses, google searches, tweets, and facebook chats. It was romantic and had a lot of laughs. I especially enjoyed the gap between the generations. Alice the heroine was interesting and well written. It will be a very good beach read this summer.
Andrienne G. (Azusa, CA) (04/03/12)

I love this book! So funny!
I was crazy about this book. I didn't expect it to be so funny! The writing style reminds me of a book I read before, "Diary of a Mad Mom-to-be" by Laura Wolf. This book was a joy to read. I definitely would read this again for the laughs. I did not care too much for the "survey" or correspondence part since it took away from the story (and they weren't as funny), but I still rated it 5 stars because I liked Alice, the main character and I liked the fun factor that was infused into the story.

The Search