Read what people think about Falling Together by Marisa De Los Santos, and write your own review.

Falling Together

By Marisa De Los Santos

Falling Together

• Published in USA  Oct 2011,

There are currently 33 reader reviews for Falling Together

Kristin P. (Elburn, IL) (10/27/11)

The Journey - Not the destination
This book was a fast read that kept the reader's attention as it explored the friendship between a group of 3 people. For readers who are more interested in going on a journey than in the concrete destination at the end of the story this book is for you. I would definitely recommend this as a book club selection because I think this book has a lot to offer for lively discussions (exploring friendships, falling out of relationships, reuniting and the factors influencing the choices people make). While I think this is a great book for a book club selection because of the discussions that can be had around the book, i would not choose this book to read on a vacation or a weekend afternoon. I did not particularly like and was unable to relate to any of the main characters. If you are a reader who enjoys strong female characters, you maybe disappointed in the female characters in this book.
Annie H. (Cincinnati, Ohio) (10/11/11)

Falling Together vs Falling Apart
I was about a third of the way through this book when I got the phone call that my best friend was in the hospital and the doctors were preparing for a brain death exam. She was a best friend since high school, 41 years. I say this not for sympathy though I'm sure you do, but because I finished the book with a much altered perspective and an earthquaked landscape to my life.

But grief and loss are similar despite different age groups, different types of loving and different cultures. Love remains and the loss of it requires navigating through a murky, uncharted terrain. Marisa De Los Santos has paid attention to the details involved in this journey and has presented characters and situations beautifully and thoughtfully described. These characters are people you know and their lessons learned are those which we learn over and over again in our lives.
I laughed, I cried, I will read this book again and I will share it.
Marcia S. (Hendersonville, NC) (10/08/11)

Gone but here
Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos is a poignant tale of three friends from college days that have moved on and connect years later. A thoughtful look at relationships and how we all likely have people in our lives that may be "gone but here" -- a piece that helps us realize the tapestry loved ones weave in our lives. Would make a great book club focus on the strengths and twists and turns of friendships.
Elisabeth W. (Durham, NC) (10/06/11)

Likeable
Once again, Marisa De Los Santos shows her mastery of the language of relationships in Falling Together. Her characters are likeable with convincing dialogue. Though the plot is a bit of a stretch to believe, Falling Together overall is a satisfying read.
Sarah N. (Corte Madera, CA) (10/06/11)

Conflicted
I write this review feeling conflicted. I loved the characters and the plot, however, sometimes it was a bit too unrealistic for me. I am a practical person and couldn't get my mind around some of the events that took place. I was spellbound by the book and couldn't put it down. I kept hoping good things for Pen.
Linda S. (Oceanside, NY) (10/03/11)

I Wanted to Fall in Love With this book but...
I loved Maris de los Santos’ first two books, Love Walked In and Belong to Me, so I was looking forward to her newest novel. While enjoyable it did not live up to my expectations.

Cat, Pen and Will met in college and became fast friends, doing everything together, virtually to the exclusion of everyone else. When Cat leaves the trio to get married it causes a rift in the relationship. Six years have gone by when an e-mail from Cat to both Will and Pen arrives; Cat is asking for help and a meeting at their ten year reunion. When Cat doesn’t show up it sets in motion a series of events that lead to an exploration of the meaning of love, friendship and growing up.

As usual the book is well written and the dialogue and bantering between friends is entertaining, but herein lies a problem. It just seemed improbable that after a rift of six years everyone was able to pick up almost right where they left off. Many changes had occurred in their lives but it was hard to distinguish the youthful students from their adult counterparts. I also found it hard to believe that both Will and Cat would drop everything in their lives in an effort to find Cat, it just didn’t seem realistic. I did enjoy the book, but it was more along the lines of like and not quite love.
Shirin M. (Beverly Hills, CA) (09/29/11)

A light read
The story has all the elements of a chick lit novel for the 30 something group. A tightly knit group of three college friends grows apart on graduation and returns to try and reconnect at their tenth anniversary reunion. An ordinary reunion turns out to be anything but that. The surprise twists and turns to the plot give the story some depth and does touch on the complexity of relationships, choices made, and an individual’s search for acceptance. The characters are two dimensional and the dialogue light, making it a fast and easy read.
Suzanne Z. (Highland Park, Illinois) (09/28/11)

To Be or Not To Be?
Can old friends every return to their level of friendship that was developed so intimately in those college years? Can hidden feelings that were developed still say hidden when old friends meet again? Marisa De Los Santos in her new novel, Falling Together, explores these questions in the characters of Pen, Will and Cat. Somewhat developing a mystery of Pen and Will trying to find Cat deep emotions of all characters feelings are revealed. Ms. De Los Santos always does an engaging prose of relationships. I have always found that to be her great strength as an author. As her other books have shown, the reader really cares about these characters, not only their past lives but what has happened to them in the present. The book wont disappoint.

Mrs. Hemingway