Read what people think about A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness, and write your own review.

A Discovery of Witches

By Deborah E. Harkness

A Discovery of Witches

• Published in USA  Feb 2011,

There are currently 2 reader reviews for A Discovery of Witches

MCC 115304 (03/07/12)

Shouldn't A Discovery of Witches Be a Witch Story
If you are looking for a great witch read this might be a pass, but as a vampire story laced with historical accuracy and futuristic DNA research, it is very well done. I say four stars overall (or maybe four moons to honor fellow witches), deducting just one for the misleading title. Have a dictionary handy; some of the terms are not self described.
Marge Vallazza (02/25/11)

Wow!!! What a surprise
I have to admit I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. When I first learnt of it, I thought it would be an interesting read but "OMG!" what a wonderful surprise. It contains soooo much incredibly interesting stuff--research at the Bodlian Library (or is it Bodley?), castles in France, sculling on the river in Cambridge, witchcraft and magic (but not in a way that would offend ME (a longtime BAC). There's love and romance and sex between the protagonists and relationships with their family members.

I've only recently (since early summer of 2010) become interested in paranormal romance (such as the Twilight Saga, which I LOVE!!!). But this book was such a delightful read and surprise--best of all it's the first of a TRILOGY!!!! Hurrah!!!! Can't wait for the others to come out. Exceptional writing, too!

• Book Jacket: The Promise