Read what people think about Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell, and write your own review.

Death Echo

• Published in USA  Jun 2010,

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Death Echo

Carol T. (Ankeny, Iowa) (06/13/10)

Disappointing
Death Echo is the first book I've read by Elizabeth Lowell and is very likely to be the last. For the first 300 pages, suspense is missing, sex is gratuitous, characterizations are thin, and the plot is weak. Why do Emma and Mac trust each other? Why does anyone trust Alara? Who is Steele and why do we waste time on his point of view? Death Echo could have been a very strong book -- a US city is in danger in a very realistic way -- and Emma and Mac could have been people we cared about. Since Lowell has many books in print, I can only surmise that she is successful enough that her editor sees no point in editing -- her books will sell no matter how weak.
Carol C. (Troy, NY) (06/13/10)

Entertaining Read - Will Hold Your Attention
Death Echo is what you expect from Elizabeth Lowell - suspense, danger and action with understated sexual tension thrown in for fun. Not her best, but certainly enjoyable. Much of the action occurs on a sleek power boat on the Northwest Coast - being more familiar with sail than power boats, this was, at times educational! If you're looking for something to take your mind off all the work you've brought home to do, but can't face, this should do the trick.
Priscilla M. (Houston, TX) (06/12/10)

Good Summer Read
Death Echo is a good summer read. It is fast-paced, engaging, and action-packed. The story takes place on the Northwest coast of America and Canada and includes some gorgeous scenery. A fictional covert spy agency has been ordered to recover a luxury yacht before it ends up in the wrong hands. The main characters are perhaps a little too perfect to make them totally believable (a la Clive Cussler ), but the action is non-stop and the plot line is fairly solid. I can see more stories with the same cast forthcoming. Well written and entertaining!
Jane D. (Boulder, CO) (06/08/10)

Hang in there...you'll get to the suspense.
After I got past all the tritely "clever" dialogue, filled with tiresome sexual nuances, this turned into a real page turner with enough suspense to keep me reading. I finished it in a day and a half.
Marissa P. (Tarrytown, NY) (06/07/10)

Suspensful
This is a fast read with a plot that is a race against time. The two main characters, Emma and Mac must prevent global enemies from blowing up a major US city using a yacht filled with deadly explosives. Time is not on their side and the book keeps you guessing from beginning to end.
Dorian B. (Bainbridge, NY) (06/07/10)

An entertaining read
I would suggest this book as a good beach read, particularly if you are interested in boating. It is relatively fast paced, with short chapters and a twist at the end. There is not a lot of character development, but enough information is shared to follow the connections between the many individuals in the story line.
Les G. (Fort Collins, CO) (06/06/10)

Outstanding thriller
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell is an outstanding thriller. Emma Cross is an ex-CIA agent now working for a "consulting" firm. Thanks to some strong-arm maneuvers by a government agency, she starts out tracking a lavish yacht and ends up in the middle of an international terrorism threat.

This book is a wonderful, quick read with enough sex, violence, and mystery to keep it continually interesting. The action never stops or slows down once Emma is on the case, and cascades to an exciting ending.

Thanks to William Morrow and BookBrowse for a chance to read and review this book.
Nancy M. (Greer, SC) (06/06/10)

Good summer read
I enjoyed Death Echo. It was exactly what I thought it would be - a fast paced, interesting read, meant to entertain, which it did.

I liked the interaction between Emma and Mac and wished the action had taken place over a longer period so their relationship could develop farther.

It was a little formulaic but the fact that most of the action took place on boats, with lots of info about boats and yachts which I didn't know, helped make it interesting.

Mrs. Hemingway