Read what people think about Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin, and write your own review.

Anything But Typical

Age range: Children

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Anything But Typical

Bookworm (03/13/12)

My opinion is...
I think the book was kinda boring. I do feel bad about that he has autism. But that's my opinion probably some people like the book. Honestly I didn't like it. It's so long and well doesn't catch my attention.
meow (03/09/12)

okay book
The ending didn't satisfy me at all. It was like he has no goal in the book, and even if the convention can be perceived as one, nothing really happens.
However, other than that, it really makes me realize that maybe "special" people are just people who express what every human being is feeling in a different, perhaps more open, way. It also gave me some great ideas for writing, when I was running out of inspiration. Jason truly knows how to write, just not endings. Just like the author.
ashbashyo12 (02/07/11)

The Best Book
I think this book was really good. I don't think that it was just about "how an autistic boy struggles". I think that it explains so many things about life that ordinary people wouldn't realize, thus the reason he is autistic. I think that a lot of people really need to read this book because it really allows people to understand how easy their life is compared to others.
book master13 (10/18/10)

awful
This book was not appealing to me. it was just another story of how an autistic boy struggles. I'm not saying that it is not important to know the struggles of this boy, but I think the book was just boring and she could have expressed it in a better way. This story followed everything every other book in this world closely except the good ones. It just follows boy gets girl boy loses girl and boy gets girl back. That is my opinion.
Greek Wizard (08/25/10)

HORRID
I really did not like this book. It was just another book about an autistic kid who has an (some may call) "amazing" story. I am not one of them. This book is nothing compared to other books like the Harry Potter series and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Now those are impressive. This did not deserve even a "very poor" It was an outrage to literature everywhere.I would not have pick up this book if it wasn't a required reading book. Some books are out of this world. Others not so much.

This counts as an other.

• Book Jacket: The Promise