Read what people think about A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, and write your own review.

A Reliable Wife

By Robert Goolrick

A Reliable Wife

• Published in USA  Mar 2009,

There are currently 3 reader reviews for A Reliable Wife

Julie (01/24/13)

Amazing!
I was drawn into this bk quickly, and could visualize it so easily! I was surprised to find the twists and turns to be so original! I would love to see this made into a movie!
Suzanne G. (10/20/12)

So many results by readers
A Reliable Wife leaves much unanswered. Many things happen and the logic with the decisions made on these plans by the characters create such a frustration while reading, that I wanted to slam the book down and forget it. But I didn’t—and finished—still with a lot of questions. The basic premise of the plot may have its theories, but I couldn’t agree with them. A crazy book.
Lynn (11/13/09)

A stunning book
This book has it all. Well defined characters, interesting time and place, suspense, and finally, a dramatic build up to a stunning ending. I am still thinking about the ending of this story a week after I finished the book. Even though the main characters have major baggage and are not what they seem, I found them sympathetic. At different points in the story, I was switching from being "for" one character and "against" the other. Now, there are 2 items I need to bring to your attention. First, while I am no prude, there was a great deal of sex in this book. Most of it was "thinking about sex", but it was a constant theme throughout the story. Second, I think I have heard a version of this story before. Not sure if that is my imagination or if this is a revision of a previous story line. Anyway, I was still surprised at the several plot twists--and there were lots of them.

• Book Jacket: The Promise