Read what people think about Findings by Mary Anna Evans, and write your own review.

Faye Longchamp Mysteries, No. 4

By Mary Anna Evans

• Published in USA  Jul 2008,

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Findings

Barbara (06/12/08)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
Even though the book is part of a series and I had not read any of the previous books, this story stands on it's own. The author did an excellent job in relating the familiarity of the characters with each other, without making the reader feel they were on the outside of the story. It is a great mix of mystery and historic fiction - I will recommend it to my mystery and history loving friends!
Carolyn (06/10/08)

Findings
This wasn't a bad book, but it just didn't ring any bells for me. I didn't think the main characters were developed as well as they could be, and the history of Faye's ancestors was rather rambling. It wasn't a chore to finish the book, but overall I felt something was lacking.
Kathy (05/30/08)

Hidden Jewels
Findings is a delightful, "cozy" mystery story with the hero and heroine being an archaeologist and her best friend a Native American. Who knew archeology could be such a dangerous profession? Not having read any of the author’s previous books I did not know the characters or some of the references to previous happenings. The heroine, Faye, has gotten herself into many dangerous situations, but being highly resourceful, is able to extricate herself – just in time! This book was an interesting blend of history and mystery – the underlying theme is the mystery of relationships and what lengths people will go to, both for the positive relationships and those where greed and malice are key elements. This is nice mystery to read and now that I am familiar with the author will pick up her previous books.
Kristen (05/26/08)

Treasure hunting
This book is a treasure in itself. I am not someone who normally finds history interesting but the way history is presented as a way of solving a mystery captured my interest. I think this book would appeal to those who enjoy solving mysteries, both history lovers and non history lovers alike.
Terrie (05/22/08)

OK
Not in my top 10. Quick read. Good book to read on a rainy day.
Beth (05/22/08)

An Enjoyable Read
I liked this book a lot. I enjoyed the descriptions of the island setting, of the house called Joyeuse, and of the "pot hunters" who seem to be the bane of serious archaeologists. I liked the Confederate history interwoven with the present-day mystery. I liked the people, too. Faye is a likable heroine with interesting friends who, thankfully, are there to protect her from a host of enemies who seem to be out to get her.

Even though the book can stand alone, I'd still recommend reading the first three before picking this one up, because I think the plot development in the earlier books will make the events in this fourth book more meaningful to the reader. The mystery was plenty challenging for me, too. I read everything from cozies to hard-boiled, and I didn't figure out who the "bad guys" were until close to the end. I'm delighted to have learned about Mary Anna Evans and look forward to reading the rest of her series.
Deborah (05/21/08)

Good book, if a little slow-paced
If you're looking for a fast-paced story with lots of action, this book is not for you. I'm not sure I would have finished the book if I hadn't been reviewing it, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The characters were interesting and unusual, as was the location for the novel - a rural area in Florida that has a lot of history behind it. I would recommend this to people looking for a well-written mystery who also might be interested in learning a little something about archeology and American history.
Angelina (05/18/08)

Green with Envy
I'm always amazed at how mystery writers plot their stories and how they can keep the reader entertained throughout. This book plays into that by keeping me turning the pages and wondering how everything fit together. The descriptions of Joyeuse Island makes me want to take a trip there. And Faye is a wonderfully intelligent character who you connect with from the beginning.

• Book Jacket: The Promise