Read what people think about Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult, and write your own review.

By Jodi Picoult

• Published in USA  Mar 2008,

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Change of Heart

vam (11/17/12)

Change of Heart
This book was not my normal type of reading. It is a contemporary story and I am a history person. I started reading it because it was a book club choice. With that said, my feelings after reading it is that I am not sorry I read it but I did not like it - sort of like taking nasty medicine because it will be good for me.

The reasons that I did not like it are various:

1 - Jodi Picoult and I apparently stand at opposing poles on religion and politics. I believe firmly in her right to her opinon but that does not mean I cannot feel offended when she seems to champion putting down what I believe. I think it is interesting to keep in touch with the thoughts of those who think differently from me so that is why I am glad I read it.

2 - There was nothing new in the book for me - the plot was too much like other things I have read. I like books that sell me on new ideas or ways of thinking.

3 - I would have like to really find out Shay's thoughts. A friend told me that his thoughts were sprinkled throughout the book - but actually that was just "hearsay" evidence - other people telling us what he said or did. We never did get inside his head - he was not one of the people speaking directly to us in the book.

4 - It offended me that she gave Shay the initials of I.M. - there is only one "I am" for me.

5 - I understood why some people kept thinking of The Green Mile as they read the book. I, however, was more inclined to liken it to The Shack. At times as I was reading The Shack I was startled - but when I got done I was able to stand back and appreciate it as literature. This time I feel the author was not writing to create a story but to advance her beliefs. I believe in our right to have different interpretations and visions of God but I guess I draw a line and Change of Heart stepped over my line. (PS - don't ask me to explain my line - I cannot verbalize it.)
dawn (07/25/12)

...
the most amazing and intriguing book i have ever read. the suspense and tension holds every inch of your attention throughout the entire book. It's a very intimate and capturing book, heart touching and just simply amazing. I would certainly recommend this book to anybody.

• Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove