Reader reviews and comments on Tis, plus links to write your own review.

Tis

A Memoir

By Frank McCourt

Tis

• Hardcover: Sep 1999,
    Paperback: Aug 2000,

There are currently 15 reader reviews for Tis

shar (10/19/03)

A worthy continuation of the most incredible book I've read in Years, Angela's Ashes. The writing is crisp, the descriptions had me laughing out loud at 2 in the morning because I couldn't put it down, and I found myself hoping that he could successfully avoid the legacy his father had left for him. I was angry at his father's family, but moved by Frank's ability to forgive the man who had caused so much destruction. They say that adversity makes the man, and in this case, it has made a giant. Bravo to one of the greatest writers of a generation.
katrina mccleary (08/27/03)

I have read this book and Frank McCourts other book approx 10 times each. His books are so heart wrenching that you feel so bad that you as the reader is not there to help Frank and his mother through their poverty. I felt as though I was there in those pages as I read this book and feel as though I know Franks family. I would recommend this book to anyone as it is the most heart felt book I have ever read in my life, it is not common to reduce a grown woman to tears through a book, but i was in tears on several occassions. I wounder what Frank is up to today and if he keeps in touch with his brothers? I would love another book from Frank to be published, a follow on from Tis.
Susan (06/13/03)

hearing of all the sufferings of frank and his mother and brothers touches the heart. the way he expresses his feelings made me feel for him and wish i was there to comfort him as this is a heart wrenching story which all should read
skp (03/12/03)

Franks' struggles and abitions are an inspiration. To come from poverty to emotional riches. This is a must read!!
Katiemay (12/30/02)

Frank McCourt did a wonderfully job of writing honestly. It twas truly a tragic account of his life that makes you wish you were there to comfort him
ann (12/10/02)

great job frank!
Amy Vilay (10/27/02)

The auther did a superb job expressing all his inner thoughts, i enjoyed it.
timothy hill (09/18/02)

Me, I'm just wondering how Frank McCourt is, what's left of him!
Tis twas a masterful book, no doubt.
Wishing the grand fellow would tell us more, right?

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City
by Dean Koontz

Published Jul. 2014

1.  27Tomlinson Hill:
    Chris Tomlinson

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

O O T F P, Into T F