Reader reviews and comments on Ghost Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Ghost Soldiers

There are currently 31 reader reviews for Ghost Soldiers

Joseph Go (07/25/03)

Bravo !
Greg C (07/21/03)

Excellent book and story. I would love to see the movie.
Andrew Wood (06/05/03)

Since the beginning of the Revolutionary War, countless American soldiers have given up their lives to keep our country free. Sadly, not many American citizens realize the difficult trials that our soldiers endure to ensure our tranquil freedom. Or, some citizens prefer to ignore or even overlook the gruesome details that bought our freedom. However, Hampton Sides, through his book Ghost Fleet, describes the gruesome experiences that our soldiers went through during the Bataan Death March and at Camp O’Donnell. The Treatment of the Prisoners Of War and how they were transported from place to place made them the worst experiences of World War II.
ranger boy (05/11/03)

if you like rangers..if you like world war 2... maybe you even want to be a ranger like me, this is the book for you. ever dream of being a hero? ever wish you were a ranger? ever read this book? you should.
Warren S. (03/14/03)

The book starts with a gripping account of the treatment of prisoners in a japanese POW camp. You seem to be on the same emotional roller coaster ride with the prisoners. A great read you don't want to put the book down.
Daphne (03/05/03)

I read this book for a history class, and was immediately drawn into it. It is quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read. I felt as though I was there alongside the prisoners as well as the Rangers. A must-read for anyone interested in World War Two.
Thushara Gunda (01/04/03)

Hampton Sides did a wonderful job of capturing the reader's attention, me. His tyle of writing, made me feel as if I was actually there in the battlefield, witnessing first-hand all the acts of courage and desparity that occurred.
Chris Saulsbury (12/28/02)

It is and excellent book that will warm your heart when you finish reading it.

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City