Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer

By Irene Gut Opdyke

In My Hands

• Hardcover: Aug 1999,
    Paperback: Apr 2001,

There are currently 41 reader reviews for In My Hands

Amanda Barnes (08/08/03)

I really liked this book. I first learnt about the holocaust a few years ago, however reading about from a real life story makes it more of an impact. i think irene deserves all the praise and awards she receives, she has been through alot in a life and is an inspiration to all.
Tiffany (05/20/03)

I chose this book to read for my Honors English class and I ended up really liking and enjoying the book. The story is just absolutely captivating and amazing.
Amy Foster (05/19/03)

I am not here to review the book. I knew Irene because she came to my 7th grade classroom and spoke about the holocaust. I then re-met Irene because years later I recognized her at the grocery store that I work at. I have been there 13 years and she has been shopping there for a long time. This whole tine we have lived in the same city,"Yorba Linda". I have grown to love her. She is such a sweet lady. Then this friday, May 16th Irene past away. Her neighbor had told me today. Before she past she had said,"I am going home". She is such a mentor and such a brave woman. I feel so honored to have known her. I just wanted to let everyone know because she deserves it..
Amy (the grocery store checker who will miss Irene)
Roya (05/14/03)

this book, In My Hands is my favorite book in the world. i love to read about the holoaust and usually i like to read about the camps but i have read this 3 times and every time i read it i love it even more and more!
Elyse (05/12/03)

This book is an amazing story of how the lives of so many innocent people can be destroyed so easily. I am extremely proud of what a determined woman Ms. Opdyke is. Thank you for sharing your amazing story with us all.
Rochelle (04/28/03)

This book was the best! I wuld recomend it anyday.
Rachel (03/17/03)

This is a great and moving book, yoiu should definately read it if you are interested in learning about the holocaust!Its really good...believe me!
Shelby Oberhansly (03/12/03)

In My Hands is such a good sotry of a persons memoirs I think it's excellent and I'm only in th grade. Please give me youre address, or call me or give me your phone number, or you mail me because I don't care how much money I have to pay I would so much love to talk to you.

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

Tomlinson Hill