Reader reviews and comments on Man and Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Man and Boy

By Tony Parsons

Man and Boy

• Hardcover: Apr 2001,
    Paperback: May 2002,

There are currently 34 reader reviews for Man and Boy

Dhian (10/04/10)

It really taught me a lot about things in life...
Well, I'm actually reading it and not finishing it yet. But, so far... I really enjoy reading it page by page. And lessons I could get from this book? A LOT!!! It's not only about relationship but also family issues. Matters that everybody faces in carrier life is even brought up here...and don't forget to mention the honesty theme in living the life.

I even discuss it with my boyfriend especially thing about commitment in relationship. It really inspires me not only to bless every joy i already had in life but also motivates me to keep everything on the right track! Especially maintaining of what we have to people we really care about...
douha khadija (08/26/10)

the best story
Hi am Khadija I'm 18years old. I read this book and I think that it is the best book I have ever read. And what I learn of that book is "when you have something you must take care of it before time lost".
Danielle (04/09/08)

man and boy
I read this book and it made me want to cry.. I am 14 years old and normally kids read books for there age but i like to exceed on books. I've never felt this way about a book before ,you actually feel like how lucky am I to be with my parents and not get beaten up by my farther.i really enjoyed this book and i am going to admit I did cry when I read this book.i do recommend this book to younger readers and older readers too.
infatuated reader (03/26/08)

man and boy
this was an excitingly heart warming book. Tony Parsons books were one of the very first books I have read and so far the best among the admirable authors of today. reading this book has given a new enlightenment to me and the change it has made reading and uncovering life through another mans eye's. It has really brought a sense of loving and gentle tenderness most fathers wish they could have gone through to complete a bond with their children. This was a fascinating new experience for me and I hope I could use some of Harry's experience on my own. Tony Parsons is really an inspirational author.
Becca (06/07/07)

The critics were right for once!!
Finally, we have very right critics, this book which I read for a school project, was not let out of my hands for days, and at every moment I was not sure of what would happen in the end.

That is what I loved about this book, and even told my mother the same before handing it over, I loved the insecurity of not knowing what would happen, because I am a serial reading of predictable reads.

I suggest if you decide to read it, which you definitely should, you should plan for a few days of doing nothing, accept for reading!!
Kimberley C (11/01/06)

Man and Boy - Tony Parsons
A wonderful book from start to finish that incorporates the difficulties of broken families from mistakes - Harry's one night stand - and the unfairness of life that breaks families up - the death of Harry's father.

It is blatant that Harry adores his father - although he does not say it. He is constantly looking to his father for guidance, respect and acceptance and hopes his own son, Pat, will do the same to him. However, when the seemingly unstoppable man falls ill, Harry's life is in dissaray. His wife is in Japan - leaving him to hold down a job and look after his son. Harry is devestated to discover his father has lung cancer and watches his hero slip away into the depths of a "morphine fog" as he is sedated. Soon, he passes over and Harry's mother is left to deal with the death of her beloved husband and she has to try to forge a smile on her face to keep Pat from hurting.

'Man and Boy' is a novel that includes everything from marriage to child birth; one-night stands to new love and new beginnings and old memories... There is nothing about the novel that screams "fake" or "unbelievable" and it is easy to discuss the issues and themes within the book as they are recurring themes in today's society.
Cynthia E. (07/28/05)

Heartfelt writing
Tony Parsons Man and Wife will make you laugh, it will bring a lump to your throat. An unpretensious book that follows the life of an ordinary person making mistakes anyone could make, dealing with the consequences, going through all the emotions that any human being would feel and attempting to make sense of it all. Having said that, one would then expect the book to be boring and ordinary, but thats the magic. Its sheer simplicity and honesty is captivating. It is a most powerful book.
mark (12/06/04)

I found this book amusing and almost tear jerking. finding this book by accident in my parents droors i was so pleased with it i am doing it for my english highers ( in scotland ) i'm 16 . i would recomend this book to anyone and everyone.

• Book Jacket: The Promise