Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Paperback: Feb 2002,

There are currently 182 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Meghan (09/08/08)

Don't waste your time
Like many others I had to read this book for a class. The material was interesting but I can get through this book. It reads like the author used the synonym button to find large words. I can understand some words but not all of them are in my vocabulary. When I read it it sounds like this to me: "_____ of the _____ and the _______" He could have made a whole chapter fit into ten pages if he made so a normal human could understand it.
ap pshhhhh (08/18/08)

this is such a bad book!!
Oh my goodness!!! I absolutely hated this book! it was super boring and it is just useless! the author did not format it well enough and I almost fell asleep! DO NOT read this book! save yourself!
Lil JJ (08/14/08)

What the hell is this book about lol
All those who rated this book I think is out of their mind. I bet you even a college student would go to sleep while reading this book. To me, this book is like a punishment given to me by my whole family members.
Jenn (06/30/08)

BAAHHHH!!
I just finished two chapters and I can't remember anything!!! Well, except for the actual story of the duel but that's it. What a way to spend two whole weeks of summer. ughh.
You know, I thought that my AP teachers would have learned by now to NOT give boring books for homework! We all fail the tests and quizzes. Maybe if they just gave us a book with a good story, we would learn without even realizing it. right??? Oh wow I really wish I could understand this book. Helppp...
Kyle (05/29/08)

A nerds review
Phrases I have used in my paper to describe this book include: "I am about to explode from the massive influx of information" "coma inducing" "nasty tendency to roll on forever" and "Random tangents away from the storyline." Normally I love to read a good historical book. It is something I do for fun. Founding Brothers managed to make 250 pages seem like a 1000 page novel.
KLeigh (04/29/08)

Excellent Insights into the Revolutionary Generation
Certainly a college level book (and therefore appropriate for an AP class). I read this for a basic college government class, and was totally surprised. Yes, the language is hard to understand at first, but I just used the dictionary and reread until I understood. I'm used to fast reading and had to slow way down for this one, but it was worth it! It is obvious the author spent a lot of time perusing first hand sources from the Revolutionary Era and really tried to bring to life the thoughts, fears, and desires of the "Founding Brothers." It brings perspective and clarity to the choices and compromises of the era. The intro had some great insights as well about the relation of past and present politics.
Caleb (01/21/08)

Very Bad Book
This book is horrible. If you go to a middle school a.k.a. eighth grade, and are in a gifted class, ask at the beginning of the year if you are going to read Founding Brothers. If you are, drop out of that class. This book is way to hard to understand. unless you're a nerd or something. I am 13 and have to do worksheets for this book per chapter. it sucks, and it's worth half of my grade.
Sally (09/03/07)

The Founding Brothers!!!!!
This is the most boring book I ever had to read. I fell asleep when I was in the middle of reading the second page!!!! It's so confusing and boring!!! It makes me want to KILL MYSELF!!!! I would rather read a history text book..... This book should be burned.

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove