Reader reviews and comments on Morgan's Run, plus links to write your own review.

Morgan's Run

By Colleen McCullough

Morgan's Run

• Hardcover: Sep 2000,
    Paperback: Jan 2002,

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Morgan's Run

c bourke (07/28/11)

morgans run
I think this gives an insight into the existence of a criminal and how they were dealt with by English justice in the 18-19 century. I would love to know how much of Morgans run is history & how much fiction.
I couldn't find a Richard Morgan from Bristol with a sentence of 7 years on the list of first fleet prisoners.
It is a pity there is no sequel. as it seems unfinished.
Rustrel (07/24/11)

Morgan's run
Very interesting book. How hard was life in England and in Australia in the 18th century. How did they survive such conditions ? But 200 pages less would have made the book even better.
Editterry (07/16/11)

how did I miss this?
I've been reading historical fiction and "ship books" since a few years after I could read. I went through all of the Patrick O'Brien books, and some of them twice. I've been a fan of Kenneth Roberts, Thomas Costain, MacKinlay Kantor, James Carlos Blake and more. But the absorbing, page-turning historical fiction is few and far between. Which is why I started reading O'Brien all over again. So it was a nice bonus to discover this "old" book, and enjoy it so much

I'm a sucker for that historical period, and this being the first white settlement in Australia, it didn't take a strong or nuanced character to draw me in. But Richard's a good guy, someone whom we all aspire to, and what better character to take you along to pre-white settlement Australia.

McCullough is good at insinuating historical detail into the narrative without belaboring it. You don't stop and say, wow; you just keep reading.

I'll take heart in figuring there's more undiscovered historical fiction out there, since it doesn't seem like much is coming out now.
Sandra Baker (11/08/10)

Absorbing
Loved this book. I read it some years ago, and have just re purchased it to read again. I had heard back then that there was to be a sequel and have waited ever since for it, to no avail. Hope it happens. I really want to know how the saga continues.

• Book Jacket: Shotgun Lovesongs
    by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh
  2.  254Cartwheel:
    Jennifer duBois

The low brow and the high brow

P Your O C