Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

By Gail Carson Levine

• Hardcover: May 1997,
    Paperback: Sep 1998,

There are currently 199 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

jade (01/30/11)

ella review
This book is a good inspirational book. I based my last project on this book and got an 'A'. A great book for kids and I think that all kids should get a chance to read it.
annonomous (01/02/11)

Ella Enchanted
I simply love this book but the movie and the reviews are way off by many things. The book is great but it definitely can be confusing.
karli (09/25/09)

4-good
That was a good book. That I cannot deny.
Eleanor (03/15/09)

My Recommendation
Like the movie, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine is a wonderful book for kids and adults. The story has a definite fairy tale feel, but it goes beyond the original Cinderella story with quirky characters and a strong female lead, one who doesn't wait for her prince to save her. If you're a fantasy or fairy tale reader, this one is a must!
Rachel (07/09/08)

Ella Enchanted
I love this book. It is the best book I have ever read. It really shows girl power, and that you can do any thing if you believe. Gail Carson Levine really knows how to make a book come alive. When Ella was happy so was I if she was sad, frustrated, scared, I was also. And I love how she put it all together. With the fairies, ogres, elves, giants, and other mystical creatures it felt like a fairy tale but different. For every one not just little kids. I am 13 years old and not at all a book reader, but when I read Ella Enchanted it is only book I read and I so enjoy it. It has changed me.
Now that I know that Gail has written other books I definitely will check them out. I hope she writes more like Ella Enchanted!
Eac (05/31/08)

Woah!
This book really moved me. Ella, and the other characters were so real! I would recommend this book a thousand times. I loved it! Comparing the book to the movie, the movie looks horrible! great book!
Lola (03/24/08)

5 starred review
A very magical book filled with fun and exciting adventures. A remarkable fantasy book that you will never put down.
Elaine Mero (11/25/07)

Ella Enchanted Review
This book is really good. As a 6th grader that does not like to read, this book is fantastic.I feel like reading this book over and over again. I am planing to read all your books. Thank you for making reading fun for me Gail Carson Levine!

Mrs. Hemingway