Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

By Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted

• Hardcover: May 1997,
    Paperback: Sep 1998,

There are currently 199 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

sweet_brown_sugger (10/22/03)

THIS BOOK WAS SOOOOOO GREAT! IT IS ONE OF MY FAV BOOKS! YOU HAAAVE 2 GET IT!
K Shelly (10/22/03)

I LOVE Ella Enchanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to read it with a group with my reading level at school. I was a little disappointed though when it was like Cinderlla.I mean,glass slipers,balls, mice into horses,pumpkin carriage,having to leave at midnight,a stepmotherand stepsisters,fairygodmothers,and finding the perfect fit for the slipper.That's a count of 8 things the same.I'm at a young age,and pleased of being able to read it.I really enjoyed it.And for those of you who haven't read it......
READ IT!!!!
Emily (10/16/03)

I thought Ella Enchanted was going to be a BOOOOOOOOORING book. But I was very, very wrong. when I read the first few chapters, I was glued to it for 3 hours! I think it is the best thing sonce I raed Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix! YOU BETTER BUY THIS BOOK IF YOU DONT HAVE IT! It is SO great!
Alyssa (10/06/03)

My name is Alyssa and i am 13 years old. Ella enchanted was the most wonderful and magical book i have ever read. I think the way that Gail Carson Levine spiced up the popular fairytale of cindarella and gave it a few fabulous twists is just magnificent. I just love magical romances mixed with many magical mythological creatures. i could read it a million times and i would never get sick of it. I can't wait till the movie comes out :)
Katie (10/04/03)

My name is Katie and I am twelve years old, and I was glued to the book even after reading the first page! I have read it at least four times since I first read it, and was eager to buy it and say that I have it, because all of my friends love it.
I think the author did a very good job making Ella Enchanted a little, but not a lot, like Cinderella. I have all of Gail Carson Levine's books on my big bookshelf, but Ella Enchanted is my absolute favorite! Definitely read this, even if you think you are too old. No one is too old for this book!!
Caitlin (10/02/03)

My name is Caitlin and I am 18 years old. Even though I'm older then the recomended age group for Ella Enchanted, I still find this book to be very entertaining and a great read. The author writes the book in such a way that it holds your attention. One can not wait to find out what happends to the main character, Ella. Also, the story line is an excellent "cinderella" based fairy tale that anyone can relate to and enjoy.
Stefano De Luca - Brazil (09/28/03)

I attend Graded School in São Paulo, Brazil.
I think Ella Enchanted is a great book. I wonder how the author could make such a nice and funny story based on the boring story of Cinderella. I just can't wait to watch the movie!
Alexis W. (09/22/03)

This book is one of my all time faves!!

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove