Reader reviews and comments on Flags of Our Fathers, plus links to write your own review.

Flags of Our Fathers

By James Bradley, Ron Powers

Flags of Our Fathers

• Hardcover: May 2000,
    Paperback: Oct 2001,

There are currently 30 reader reviews for Flags of Our Fathers

kayenzee (10/14/04)

I am 26 yrs. old female from Guam. I read this book for a school writing assignment. This is a very good book to read and was very well-written. The author did an excellent job in making each character come alive. I feel like I know each of them personally. This is also very educational and it certainly helped me learn more about World War II and its significance in the Pacific.
Sarah K. (05/23/04)

Great Captivating Book. Couldn't put it down.
Author demonstrates complete knowledge, and
compassion for the subject - Iwo Jima.
Ryan (05/06/03)

The most excellerating book i have ever read.
Sarah (03/17/03)

This was one of the best books I have ever read. I am only sixteen years old, but I have had a love for history since the day I was born. World War Two is my favorite subject, partly because I have wonderful grandparents who tell me about how it was to live in their generation. This is a book that spans generations and shows kids like me that our grandparents took place in one of the most remarkable events in United States history.
Eugene Kinyon (03/02/03)

I started reading this book, like I have the hundreds of other books I have read. Unaffected, And more times than a few, had ended the books the same way. Unaffected. The flags of our fathers left me feeling as if I had lost my own father. I`m sure this book, this biography will stay with me a long time.
Brandon (02/10/03)

I have read this book several times in the last few years and i now know more about Iwo Jima than I ever have. This book is the kind atht when you close your eyes you can picture what really went on.
Paul P. Lazovick (11/03/02)

I've re read the Flags of Our fathers, several times, as it brought back many memories for me. As I served at Iwo Jima, and was there at the time the flag was raised. Like Mr. Bradley's Dad, I too was a Corpman in the Navy. The book is by far the best book written about the times and battles of the war. I think all of this genration should read it.
Jerry M. Cole (07/05/02)

I finished this book yesterday, the fourth of July. My father was too young to serve, but his four brothers served in the Pacific...miraculously all of them returned! They are gone now and there is great sadness in my heart that I did not exhibit more curiosity about their service during WWII. Like John Bradley in the book, they nevered discussed what they went through and I never got the chance to honor them for their sacrifice. James Bradley does great honor to his father and all men and women who have braved the horrors of war on behalf of this country. This piece of literature will allow many baby boomers to realize just how much we are in debt to "the greatest generation". After finishing Flags of Our Fathers I have vowed never to forget how precious is our freedom and to make sure that my children also understand that freedom has been purchased at a very dear price.

The Stranger on the Train
    by Abbie Taylor
    Night Film
    by Marisha Pessl
  • Book Jacket: Complicit
    Complicit
    by Stephanie Kuehn
    When seventeen year-old Jamie Henry receives word that his older sister Cate, is being released from...

The City