Reader reviews and comments on Sister of My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

Sister of My Heart

By Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Sister of My Heart

• Hardcover: Jan 1999,
    Paperback: Jan 2000,

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Sister of My Heart

durai selvi (05/27/10)

lovely
It is the book of love and care between two sisters. I amazed by reading. thank you chitra sister. Write like this to enlighten the society
radbad35 (08/03/04)

This book was amazing....I was wondering if anyone had a character list if the book. Read it! The first two charcters are the book are confusing with many charcters being introduced but read on. It's exciting!
Anonymous (05/20/04)

I loved this book and am recommending it as summer reading for my reading group. It is beautifully written and a very compelling story.
J. Tatsch (03/21/04)

Seeing the events through the eyes of Sudha and Anju in alternating chapters makes an interesting read. All the details of a family life in Calcutta, especially the expectations of the extended family are fascinating and incorporated naturally into the story. I found it hard to put down.
Anonymous (07/28/03)

Hi All

So here's my effort on why I think Sister of My Heart is such an excellent book.

It crosses the barriers between love and culture; how sacrifice is neither good nor bad.

The novel allows me as a person, between two quite diverse cultures, to identify with the situations and compose myself to believe that "Yes this is very true" - it at times maybe just story but beneath the words there is a very emotional truth.

The book is wonderful as it allows the true expressions of a woman's life in its entirety to show - what it is like to be a traditional Indian woman yet how society and family and life can dictate the path on which she treads.

Furthermore when the Indian woman does make her own decisions how others percept these - a very intelligent book - once you start reading its just continuously intriuging - the descriptive element makes you almost feel yourself in the book as a charachter...however I am like Sudha - though at times Anju...
Mary Michael (03/18/03)

Excellent book. Everyone in my book club enjoyed. The insight into the Indian culture is fascinating. A book that appeals to 12 different people is truly amazing. A delightful read. I have already started the sequel, VINE OF DESIRE, because I have to know what happens!

Mary Michael

by Carol Cassella
  • Book Jacket: The Goldfinch
    The Goldfinch
    by Donna Tartt
    Winner of the 2014 Pulitzer for Fiction.

Her canvas is vast. To frame a story about art, love and ...

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
by Gabrielle Zevin

Published Apr. 2014

1.  143Happier at Home:
    Gretchen Rubin
  2.  170The Weight of Blood:
    Laura McHugh

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home: but unlike charity, it should end there.

P Your O C