Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

By Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook

• Hardcover: Oct 1996,
    Paperback: Dec 1999,

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

Briyan ( : (04/23/10)

Good. (: :)
I think this was a very very good book, and I love the movie too. It is very romantic. I want something or someone to be like that to me; I want a cute guy that would treat me right maybe I'm not pretty enough! Oh well, I want a miracle for someone cute nice and dresses well to go out with me for a while. ( :
stephany savage (02/11/10)

great book
This book a true romantic will enjoy. Noah & Allie have a great love that no one can break nor can see.
FRANK (09/08/09)

My life as it is tight now
I am living this life right now. Identical - all of it except we haven't made it to the end. The 1st love , the rejected boyfriend joining the forces, my being a nurse and a painter, finding a stable wonderful life partner, and then 40 years later a reunion. How I cope with this I don't know. This story has really affected me in more ways then you can ever imagine.
wyeth (05/27/09)

The notebook, A walk to remember and Dear John
Its so full of love.. A love that is enduring... full of feelings that can touch your heart and make your tears run down from your eyes.. I love reading Nicholas Sparks' novel.. Its Great!! Full of feelings that comes from within..Thanks for writing it. More power and God Bless
Anna (05/19/09)

question
First off I want to say : this book was wonderful. I cried so much my eyes had turned red.
Second : I had a question; this was the first book I've read of Nicholas Sparks. Are there any other books of him you would recommend ?
I really love this book , and I want to read another great book of his but I'm afraid I'll get a book that isn't so good and be disappointed. :(
Anna (04/09/09)

LOVE NICHOLAS SPARKS' WRITING!
Amelia, you have no heart what so ever! I can't believe what you think about his books. I have read so many of his books and I am only 16 and I have cried at the end of every single one of them. Nicholas Sparks is such a fantastic writer and he puts so much emotion into his beautiful writing, anyone with a heart could see that.
emily52 (12/01/08)

heart-wrenching
I had seen the movie before I read the book, which is usually a mistake, however when I found out the movie was from a book I immediately bought it. If you cried at the movie, you best have a box of tissues handy as its even sadder! As books often do, the characters are much more alive in the book and it is incredibly well written. Heart-wrenching is an understatement.

A beautiful love story, possibly the most beautiful ever told. A tale never forgotten. It is one for the romantics, love conquers all.
tayler. (10/22/08)

awesome book.
This is the best book I've ever read! (:

The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove