Reader reviews and comments on The Glass Hotel, plus links to write your own review.

The Glass Hotel

Rachel Hullett

There is 1 reader review for The Glass Hotel

Nanette S.

The Glass Hotel
A literary mystery inspired by the Madoff Ponzi scheme. The author has once again intertwined characters having been swept up by Jonathan Alkaitis and his investment firm or the periphery of his actions. We also come across a message having been scrawled on a 5 star hotel window meant to scare one of the guests. The mystery here is which one and why. We are also having to deal with ghosts being seen on occasion by a couple of the characters. All of these scenarios come together to end the story and the relationships between the characters. This one kept me turning pages I finished the book in one day. I really enjoy reading Emily St. John Mandel and will definitely be reading her earlier novels.

Ponzi Schemes

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R