Reader reviews and comments on Finding Dorothy, plus links to write your own review.

Finding Dorothy

Jordan Lynch

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Finding Dorothy

Kymberly P East

Odd Maud
Finding Dorothy is a quick, informative read. I thoroughly enjoyed the idea of Letts' parallels, though the hasty feel of the writing style prevented me from developing any real emotional attachment to any of the characters. I was surprised by the frequent appearance of inconsistencies--it reads like an early draft-- and there were times I wondered what kind of audience Letts intended to target. Despite the wobbly and summarizy-feel of the project, and the weaving in and out of a mature to young-adult sound, the subject matter is a winner. In focusing on Maud Baum, Letts has chosen a fascinating, unique perspective on the backstory of Oz, making it a worthwhile, if not an entirely seductive, read.
Jennifer

Nice but not a lot to discuss
I enjoyed reading this book. I like the story, I like the characters. I could tell the author did research to make the story believable and historically relevant. A nice fast read. I just don't think there is enough to prompt a good book club discussion.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: All the Devils Are Here
    All the Devils Are Here
    by Louise Penny
    In Louise Penny's All the Devils Are Here, the 16th book in the Chief Inspector Armand Gamache ...
  • Book Jacket: A Girl is A Body of Water
    A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
    First Impressions readers were fascinated by A Girl Is a Body of Water, a riveting and nuanced novel...
    Heaven, My Home
    by Attica Locke
    Attica Locke's 2017 novel Bluebird, Bluebird introduced us to Texas Ranger Darren Mathews, who ...
  • Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C