Reader reviews and comments on The Color of Water, plus links to write your own review.

The Color of Water

By James McBride

The Color of Water

• Hardcover: Feb 1996,
    Paperback: Feb 1997,

There are currently 96 reader reviews for The Color of Water

Anonymous (08/25/02)

The Color of Water was truely amazing! It was a centimental book that reaches out and touches many different age groups. The Color of Water is a must read!
migs (08/24/02)

i dont read many books but once i got a couple chapters in i couldnt put it down. its just a life story that you feel proud to be reading about becuse of all the diveristy both the mother and the son had gone through in their lives and still were able to come out on top.
s.b. (07/30/02)

I think this book really touches the reader. You see how crutial the relationship between the white mother and the black son really is. I think James is an excellent author and that people of all ages should read this book!
Anonymous (07/09/02)

I think that this book was written beautifully by James McBride. I had to read this book for a Honors English assignment and I thought that it wouldn't be an enjoyable book. But it is. I never seemed to get bored of it. I wanted to know more after each chapter. This book dealt with issues of race and identity and true courage. I would definietly recommend this book to who ever wishes to read a fantastic book. Enjoy!
Anonymous (06/25/02)

this book is really cool! we have to read it for a summer reading project and i love the way it switches back and forth between the author's life and his mother's. it makes it very interesting to read!!
michelle q (06/09/02)

this book is great.it shows the problems of society w/interaciality and it shows the strength to overcome.i loved the book and think the author and his mother are great people!
Tasha D (06/03/02)

I think that this is a very good book, and people of all ages should read it.
jennie (05/30/02)

is the best book i ever read!

• Book Jacket: The Hundred-Year House
    The Hundred-Year House
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...
  • Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove