Reader reviews and comments on The Color of Water, plus links to write your own review.

The Color of Water

By James McBride

The Color of Water

• Hardcover: Feb 1996,
    Paperback: Feb 1997,

There are currently 96 reader reviews for The Color of Water

Carolynn (02/19/04)

Im 18 years old and I was first introduced to this book in my senior year in high school. I really enjoyed it, I first had to read it for school but now I'm reading on my own. I have also recomended it to alot of people hoping that they will have the same liking that I have for the book. This book is truly inspirational to everone who is of mixed races, a must read for everyone! Highly Recomended.
Greg (02/05/04)

This book is a must read. It is the type of touching story you can realte to regardless of race. When you finish it you'll want to call your mother and thank her for being who she is.
Jestine (11/29/03)

Excellent wonderful, marvelous, great, interesting book to read. When reading this book you have to focus alot. If you don't you won't understand it.
priyanka (10/23/03)

This Book is great.
i love i dont know anybody who didnt like it.
James Mcbride is a great writter.
Superstar a.ka. janel NIU student (10/22/03)

This book was every interesting. After coming along reading, it all became to make since. The different writings in, "The Color of Water"
book is illistrating the different voices of Ruth and James. The way that I read the book to understand it was by reading all of James version. Then I read Ruthie's part of her life. This book makes you think about two things at one time. I would recommend this book to a friend and tell thm about it; that is if they don't understand.
NHL (09/03/03)

THIS IS A REALLY GOOD BOOK. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE THAT DID NOT LIKE AT LEAST ONE THING ABOUT THIS BOOK. I WAS INTERESTED AND LIKED HOW HE TIED THE TWO BOOKS TOGETHER.
Yanelle (08/24/03)

This is such a wonderful book! I loved it, and although it can get a little slow, the book moves along pretty well. If you are thinking about reading it, I definately say you should.
Kerstin fenton (08/21/03)

Five thumbs up! An amazing book, that brings you inside their story, and all the obstacles they faced, it makes you really be thankful for what you have.

Mrs. Hemingway