Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

By Arthur Golden

Memoirs of a Geisha

• Hardcover: Sep 1997,
    Paperback: Jan 1999,

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

stacey (02/05/05)

Memiors of a Geisha was truly a wonderful book. It was so realistic that I felt as though I fell into the novel's world. I felt like I was in Japan during that time and experiencing everything through her eyes. I couldn't believe that Sayuri was a fictional character. If she wasn't, I would want to meet her! Also, I found out they are making a movie from this amazing novel and it will be out later in the year of 2005. For those who haven't read it, you must!
Estrellita (01/27/05)

This book is really so wonderful , i haven't even finished it completely yet and i had to comment on it , i cannot , i repeat cannot put it down. The story is so beautifully written . I reccomend it very highly.
Angela (01/26/05)

stunning story ever told
Kim (01/24/05)

This is the best book I've ever read. Not only does it make me not want to put it down but I've never felt so close to a character such as Nitta Sayuri. She tells her story with such emotion that I myself got so drawn into the story that I felt a part of me was missing when I finished the book.
It is a compelling story that has opened up my eyes to a world I didn't know existed before this book. It is a fantastic book and I would recommend it to everyone.
Kathy (01/22/05)

No story has ever stuck with me the way this one has. I rarely read a book more than once, but I have read this one four times, and I can't get enough of it. When it's over, I feel empty as if I've lost touch with a close friend. This gorgeously written novel is a true masterpiece.
Tami (01/17/05)

This is one of the most enchanting novel i have read. It feels like the geisha is talking to you directly.... Must read...
rosi (12/09/04)

This book is the most captivating work of fiction that I have ever read. I loved the way the author supported and enhanced his dreamy romance with harsh basis in reality. However, I dislike (this is my only complaint) the message that is transmitted that a bright, attractive, ambitious girl will lead an unfulfilled life until she finds a man to dote on. But I do see how this message is relavent to that culture in that time, and how it lends to the fairy-tale romance in the book. Overall, this was a wonderful experience!
Gabe (11/18/04)

This book capturs you from the first page to the last. I could not put it down. Read it in 4 days. You really feel for the characters and can see and feel all her emotions. A must read for everybody.

• Book Jacket: A Man Called Ove