Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

By Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

• Hardcover: May 2000,
    Paperback: Jun 2001,

There are currently 54 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

NDR series-5 (03/21/04)

The first Dan Brown book I ever read, and, I must say, absolutely outstanding.

The book tells the story of a Vatican Church fighting for its survival, and a final chapter in the so-called "conflict between religion and science". The latter is championed by the Illuminati, an ancient satanic cult. The Illuminati have supposedly stolen antimatter - a substance created by theo-physicist Leonardo Vetra - and plan to destroy the Vatican with it.

I liked the characters very much, particularly Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra. As for the bad guys, well, you'll be very surprised to find out who the mastermind behind it all is. All I can say is don't form any opinions before teh end of the book.

It was a shame <> but the story is still quite good.

But what I enjoyed most were the theological views and debates. The deistic philosophy preached in this book is almost identical to my own outlook.

Definitely recommended. Go buy it now!
Ian (03/02/04)

This is the best read in years, his thourough research make the story believable, I can't stop turning the pages
Terri Collins (08/16/03)

The time has come for a book that encourages the reader to ask for more information. Dan Brown's Angels and Demons creates not only the quest for knowledge of this books fasinating subject but of everything life has to offer. To understand to the fullest is an amazing sense of acomplishment.
april (12/15/02)

I think that this book was thoroughly thought out and is very exciting to read. Dan Brown really makes you think while reading the book. I think I have found my new favorite author.
Shanna` (07/14/02)

I received this book from my boss in hopes to "enlighten" me with truth on religion. I am a theology/communications double major and he is trying to prove to me that the Catholic religion has more faults than we can see.

Undoubtedly, Angels & Demons was the best book I read this summer. I have read five in total and by far, this was the most entertaining. In proving himself true, my boss and I have discovered the truth in the female characters words. Basically, Dan Brown made me realize fath is the backbone of all...

Thank you for a book that taught me so much.
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Diana Lingholt
I won Angels and Demons from your site, and I never have enjoyed a book as much as this one. Thankyou so much for your great site. I just went out to buy Dan Brown's other book, Digital Fortress. He is a wonderful writer, and thanks to you, I was introduced to his novel. He autographed the book, and I wrote and thanked him, after I read the book, and he was nice enough to respond.

• Book Jacket: Take This Man
    by Rebecca Makkai
    The Valley of Amazement
    by Amy Tan
    "Mirror, Mirror on the wall
    I am my mother after all!"

In my pre-retirement days as a professor ...

The Arsonist