Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

By Dan Brown

Angels & Demons

• Hardcover: May 2000,
    Paperback: Jun 2001,

There are currently 54 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

Kiwi (10/06/04)

I absolutely loved this book because its a longer book and it doesn't have a lot of religious stuff in it like Da Vinci Code did. It also is very suspenceful and it has a lot of 'grabber' parts. It has a different ending than a lot of books but its not bad. I can easily say that this is my favorite book!
Anuradha Hemdev (09/29/04)

I think the book is great. Not only because it offers a suspense story filled with action and thrill but also because it offers a lot of information. Never had I known about a mighty brotherhood called illuminati and never had I imagined that such would be the process of papal election. It is difficult for me to beleive that there exists such a powerful form of energy today that can either make or break this planet. I enjoyed reading every page of this book and while reading I was amazed at how little I knew about some of the mankinds ancient secrets. Its definitely worth a read!

troy (08/25/04)

WOW
Colleen (08/23/04)

My biggest issue is that Dan Brown doesn't have a firm grasp on the beliefs and values of the Catholic Church. The idea of a priest (the future pope) conceiving a child with a nun via artificial insemination -- and the College of Cardinals acting as if this was a way to both have a child and maintain their chastity -- is utterly ludicrous. The church teaches that all sex must be within the bonds of marriage and that sex must be both unitive and procreative. This means no birth control (which is not procreative) and it means no artificial insemination (which is not unitive). Even married couples are not permitted this option according to the Church, let alone a priest and a nun. Whether you agree or not, that's the Church's stance. The fact that the camerlengo was artificially conceived does not make it less sinful according to the Church, and there's no way a priest like the camerlengo or the College of Cardinals wouldn't have recognized that. It was a great book, until the end, which was just soap opera, akin to trash like "Thorn Birds."
Abraham (08/17/04)

Great book!!! A tiny bit slow in the beginning, but becomes a rapid-paced book after the first couple of chapters. I recommend this book to everyone. A must read.
shockme17 (04/21/04)

ok i just finished the book and i think it was great. i may have skipped over this crucial fact in my late hours of reading, but who was the hassassin? if someone could post on here, or email me , that would be greatly appreciated : shockme17@fusemail.com.

Sean, 22
carmel (04/04/04)

i read this within a week which would suggest that i enjoyed which i did while i was reading it. thinking about the plot after though left me disapponted. how did the hassassin get into cern a top secuirty organisation? how did he walk around without anyone seeing him from the entrance to the living quarters to a high security lab that even the director of cern had no access to.

and giving the knowledge that we now all of us possess about the catholic church and its abuse of children would anyone be that upset at a pope fathering a child. surely also the camerlengo would have shown some sign of mental instablity before this absolute madness that overtook him on hearing about the pope. did he not for instance react with all the scandal of recent times.

the bomb also if a device as powerful as this one was how could the camerlengo and langdon survive it?

how could there be no effect on the city below. and where were the autorities would the police and politicans of italy have left it to the swiss guards ?
Kristine (03/29/04)

I read this book in one day. I could not put it down - it kept pulling me in and I wanted to continue. this was truly awsome.

Mrs. Hemingway